New to forum

Hotrod39

Didn't see any "introduction page" so I'll do it here.

Hi All,
New to the forum, just bought a 06 TJ with 2.4l 6 speed with 70k on the clock. runs great and at $1k couldn't pass it up. Ordered a Zone 3" and planning on 31" tires.

Noticed that it could use some brake pads/shoes. What do you recommend? It's only going to be a street queen for now, Sending it to AZ for a ride when we go to visit instead on $1200.00/wk rental.

Thanks in advance. I decided on the Zone from this forum.

Paul

Didn't see any "introduction page" so I'll do it here.

Hi All,
New to the forum, just bought a 06 TJ with 2.4l 6 speed with 70k on the clock. runs great and at $1k couldn't pass it up. Ordered a Zone 3" and planning on 31" tires.

Noticed that it could use some brake pads/shoes. What do you recommend? It's only going to be a street queen for now, Sending it to AZ for a ride when we go to visit instead on $1200.00/wk rental.

Thanks in advance. I decided on the Zone from this forum.

Paul

You may want to consider regearing for 31s with that 2.4.

I did regear for 31s and I have the 4.0, and it made a huge difference.

Yeah, I was looking into it but I want to see how it does with the 31s first. I hope it has the 3.73 gears in it so I wont have to change the carriers.

Do you guys recommend ceramic pads or semi-metalic? I am leaning towards the ceramic because i hate the brake dust on the wheels.

Welcome, seems like you got a good deal on a nice TJ.
There is no better place for TJ info than right here, good luck with your build.

20231019_191432[1].jpg

I stand corrected. Looks like the 2.4L with a 6 speed manual came with 3:73. My bad