New To Jeeps

savysailor

Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am a new Jeep owner. I recently traded an older Ford F250 that I had sitting around for a 2006 Tj Sport I believe. It has the not so loved 2.4 L 4 cylinder. The reason I took the trade was that the frame is perfect and most everything works. It has 240K on it but honestly, it is in good shape. Worn out in places but, overall, it runs great.

I have a couple questions.

First it had an electric fan rigged up straight to fuse box...janky for sure. Question: Did this motor come original with electric fan?

Second, while rummaging around under the hood, I noticed and airline going down to front diff...I am assuming an air locker? Wouldn't think this would come stock?

Finally, how can i tell what the factory options were? Is there a build sheet or using the VIN can I identify?

Thanks,

I am excited to start enjoying the top off experience!

Brian

Hello All,

I wanted to introduce myself. I am a new Jeep owner. I recently traded an older Ford F250 that I had sitting around for a 2006 Tj Sport I believe. It has the not so loved 2.4 L 4 cylinder. The reason I took the trade was that the frame is perfect and most everything works. It has 240K on it but honestly, it is in good shape. Worn out in places but, overall, it runs great.

I have a couple questions.

First it had an electric fan rigged up straight to fuse box...janky for sure. Question: Did this motor come original with electric fan?

Second, while rummaging around under the hood, I noticed and airline going down to front diff...I am assuming an air locker? Wouldn't think this would come stock?

Finally, how can i tell what the factory options were? Is there a build sheet or using the VIN can I identify?

Thanks,

I am excited to start enjoying the top off experience!

Brian

Welcome to the Jeep world. It’s definitely a world in itself. I’ve noticed some of the hardest wheelers start on the 4 angry squirrels. Great rigs! I don’t know whether an electric fan was OEM.

If there’s an air line running to the diff, that’s definitely not stock. If you can find the switch you could have added capability, assuming everything is in order. Otherwise, let’s figure it out and get it working!

Last edited:
Reactions: RINC
The 2.4 came with an electric fan from the factory. You may want to check out the FSM and trace wiring to make sure it wasn’t jimmy rigged or anything like that.

Reactions: GPK03X
Welcome!
Celebration Yes GIF by GEICO

x2 on the breather hose off diff. Mine is ziptied behind grill up by my radiator. Rear should come up and be near your gas cap

The 2.4 came with an electric fan from the factory. You may want to check out the FSM and trace wiring to make sure it wasn’t jimmy rigged or anything like that.

Hey Jamison, thanks. Yes factory fuse box has hi and low fan relays....trying to find where the temp sensor would be and also where can I get original jeep parts? Looks like previous owner added an electric fan on top of original electric fan shroud. Would like to replace back to factory