New to me Jeep

Man, you scored a nice Sahara. It looks super clean and not heavily modded.

You said it was a "bouncy, squiggly rig". Does it drive straight?

If it's bouncy, the first thing I would do is measure the lift and replace the shocks with some Rancho 5000X shocks. To measure the lift, while it's sitting level measure the springs plus any spacers added. Stock front is 12" and stock rear is 8". Anything over that is your lift.

Also take a pic of the steering components so we can see what's there. A nice low shot from the front would be perfect.

Here are some suspension pics - let me know if you see anything interesting....

IMG_7884.jpg

IMG_7885.jpg

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

IMG_7888.jpg

Score on the Dana 44 rear axle! Can you take a side shot of the pitman arm and the track bar frame mount?

Reactions: CodaMan
I like everything but........... a zip-tie?

View attachment 167895
It looks like the wrong elbow is installed on the front of the valve cover as well. It’s a big issue if the back one is wrong, but I’m not sure about the front. All the front does is provide filtered air to the crankcase. Otherwise a very good looking engine/Jeep!

Score on the Dana 44 rear axle! Can you take a side shot of the pitman arm and the track bar frame mount?
Crawled around the jeep, got a bunch more pics.......
Looks like a 2.5 inch lift front and rear - comments appreciated. I think I am going to order the Rancho RS5000X shocks.

IMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7896.jpg

IMG_7897.jpg

IMG_7898.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

IMG_7907.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_7917.jpg

It looks like the wrong elbow is installed on the front of the valve cover as well. It’s a big issue if the back one is wrong, but I’m not sure about the front. All the front does is provide filtered air to the crankcase. Otherwise a very good looking engine/Jeep!
Thanks - ordering the right elbow.

Does the the front track bar have a dropped mount on the frame side? You have a dropped pitman arm, so unless the track bar is also dropped, you may experience bump steer due to the track bar no longer parallel with the drag link.