New to the forum

Schmidt1114

Hello all,

I have a 2001 TJ Sport. I bought it a few years ago wrecked and brought it back to life. I replaced the entire front end. Well it happened again. A drunk driver pulled out in front of me. So, I redid the front end again. The only thing major left to do is replace the clock spring since the airbag went off.

My current setup is pretty stock, I think. It has a stock 44 in the rear, 5 speed, sits on steal wheel and 31 10.50 15 ATs. I think the springs and shocks are factory original with 135k miles. I am considering lifting and going to 32s or 33s. I use the Jeep to take to the off-road parks in my area. They are super muddy most of the time. I do drive it around town but my wife has a 2020 JLU for that kind of stuff. I want my Jeep to be more of a trail pig, since it has plenty of body damage and rust. I don’t careabout road comfort or quitetness.

Where should I start? I know I need new tires. The current ones were damaged in the recent crash. I would like some more clearance for the trails. I don’t want to compete with the big boys. Maybe just a bit more capable off road. I am open to opinions.

Welcome to the forum. Quite the story.

2.5 and 1.25 Body lift for 32s

4 inch for 33s or the same as above with a bit more bump.

You should start with pictures! I don't like when people steal my wheels but steel wheels ain't bad. Jokes aside, wheel it as is. The trail will tell you what mods you need. A stock TJ on 31s is damn impressive.

Photos for reference

FFB4E7CC-5DA8-45DD-8B14-D5B8981D4CAD.png

D53ECABD-EE72-449F-BB0F-473AD02882E5.jpeg

3E2A5A4C-6B38-4CBF-816E-0D86BF7BB2EC.jpeg