New to Wranglers. Is this a good deal?

2000-2001 models are known to have head cracking issues. Search for 0331 head crack for info.

For that price I would still buy it even if the head was cracked. But if you are not able to work on the Jeep yourself that could be a big expense.

2000-2001 models are known to have head cracking issues. Search for 0331 head crack for info.

For that price I would still buy it even if the head was cracked. But if you are not able to work on the Jeep yourself that could be a big expense.
Thanks for heads up! I’ll look into it

I'm on my way to Miami as we speak. Got cash in hand. 16 hour drive for me. I'll let you know how nice it is. ;) What could be better than the rare, red Sahara Sport model. :unsure:
p.s. If it's been listed more than 1 day, something's wrong with it.
you mine as well turn around if you aint passed atlanta yet, i'm in atlanta headed that way with cash too ! IT'S A RACE NOW !!! @Cfrancis21 can you give me the address ???? :) 5k for a Sahara with the frame not broke in half is a steal !!!

Or it head has been cracked and drove overheating and toasted the bearings. Check oil and look for 💦 coming in from a crack into the valve cover. Unscrew the oil filler cap and shine a flashlight in there while running at temp. Seems like to good to be true.

Reactions: tr21triton
Jeep looks really clean but obviously you would need to inspect the underside. These is either a case of another messed up jeep for sale or it's a snatch and grab affair...as in for that price the first person to buy it might as well stole it.

When looking for mine and my sons when it said Miami I just kept looking too many scammers unfortunately.

Our version of that is Long Island. Long Island jeep=stay tf away at all times! No offense to anyone trapped in the Island of Long

Or it head has been cracked and drove overheating and toasted the bearings. Check oil and look for 💦 coming in from a crack into the valve cover. Unscrew the oil filler cap and shine a flashlight in there while running at temp. Seems like to good to be true.
Yes I’m thinking maybe too good to be true. I’ll be there next week to take a look.

I’ve seen threads talking about this head crack issue, what to look for and which head to replace the current one with.

Maybe this question is answered on a different thread.But if the head is already cracked it would be a deal breaker?

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Yes I’m thinking maybe too good to be true. I’ll be there next week to take a look.

I’ve seen threads talking about this head crack issue, what to look for and which head to replace the current one with.

Maybe this question is answered on a different thread.But if the head is already cracked it would be a deal breaker?
For me it wouldn't be a deal breaker because of the cracked head necessarily (but I can wrench adequately). What would break the deal is that the seller didn't disclose that in his ad.. who knows what other demons are lurking.

you cant find any tj's up here for under $10k. I'm even talking about 4cyl with 200k miles and the seats all torn up, top all torn up and paint faded with clear flaking off.... hell if the engine is toast and needs a complete rebuild I'd say its a deal. if oyou are able to do most of the work yourself a complete rebuild will be around $2k. replacing the head is fairly easy to do if you have basic tools and a torque wrench. I dont know the cost of a head but I'm sure somebody who does will chime in !

Windy City on Ebay, TUPY, Clearwater are 3 vendors for heads I found on the NAXJA forum.

Hopefully it works out for you if the underbody and frame isn't completely rusted out. If this is a homie hook up thing you better ask if they can wait on posting it until you can physically take a look at the jeep. Just my 2 cents.

I'm on the edge of my seat for this thread!
Legit, me too. I don't know why but when someone gets a deal, it makes me happy. I'm hoping this guy gets a deal and someone isn't trying to sell him a pig in a poke.