New Truck Discussion

Those are truck mirrors!!!

damn-right.gif

Reactions: RINC and DavidBT
I remember them being on all the '70s pickups back in the day. Not just Class 8 trucks.

Our '78 Chevy 1 ton had the "below window" style that swiveled outward when needed for trailer. We always just left them out because they were a PITA to swivel and a PITA to get tight enough to stay in place. My '87 F-250 had the exact same style - I had to get them swiveled inwards to drive the "Going to the Sun" road in Glacier NP - it was a pain... They were good mirrors, but not as good as the West Coasts on the '63 GMC.

I like the idea of the new style slide in/out mirrors these new trucks have, but I've never driven one of those nor pulled a trailer with one so I have no idea how good/bad they really may be. Power would be ridiculous.

One week today and still trying to get used to the tow mirrors for DD use. Wife doesn't like them, but maybe that will keep her away from my truck. Really like how it handles on the road and enjoying the 5.7.

The oem speakers need to go though. It's 6 speakers and no sub. Probably get an amp, small 8" sub and replace the speakers.

One week today and still trying to get used to the tow mirrors for DD use. Wife doesn't like them, but maybe that will keep her away from my truck. Really like how it handles on the road and enjoying the 5.7.

The oem speakers need to go though. It's 6 speakers and no sub. Probably get an amp, small 8" sub and replace the speakers.

1711910645788.png

GM's 6 speeds were junk for the most part (though I have a very high mileage one that's been treating me well). The 8 speeds are far worse. The 10 speed (same trans as in the Ford) seem solid. I loved my dads 5.3/10 Speed.

3.5's are super impressive power wise. Reliability scares me some but a great truck to drive.

The appeal to me of Toyota is resale, reliability, and they drive like a truck. The new 1/2 ton US trucks ride so soft it's almost crappy.

Shouldn't have talked about it.... Said 6 speed is having issues.

Also funny I am considering picking up a 1-2 year old 3.5 Ecoboost. Anyone have thoughts on the Powerboost - 7kw generator and 23mpg city sounds cool....

Also funny I am considering picking up a 1-2 year old 3.5 Ecoboost. Anyone have thoughts on the Powerboost - 7kw generator and 23mpg city sounds cool....

Mine didn’t get 23 mpg city. Maybe 17’s with normal driving.

I could get 23 mpg highway if the speed limit was 55 mph.

Mine was a 2013 so pre-aluminum body and a touch heavier.

Mine didn’t get 23 mpg city. Maybe 17’s with normal driving.

I could get 23 mpg highway if the speed limit was 55 mph.

Mine was a 2013 so pre-aluminum body and a touch heavier.

Powerboost is hybrid version of the 3.5, hence the increase. Regular is probably similar to your experience.

I've come to the reality due to some life changes that I won't be towing anything more than once or twice a year and never more than 8,000lbs so no need to keep my Duramax (though I may if I can't get anything for it...).

Powerboost is hybrid version of the 3.5, hence the increase. Regular is probably similar to your experience.

I've come to the reality due to some life changes that I won't be towing anything more than once or twice a year and never more than 8,000lbs so no need to keep my Duramax (though I may if I can't get anything for it...).

Oh I was thinking it was just the power outlet in the bed. In that case fuck no. We had a Hybrid Fusion, I hated it.

We just had a 4xe Grand Cherokee as a rental last week, hated it. I have no desire to have the complexity of a hybrid.

I'd rent one and drive it for a week before jumping in. If it works for you then do it.

Oh I was thinking it was just the power outlet in the bed. In that case fuck no. We had a Hybrid Fusion, I hated it.

We just had a 4xe Grand Cherokee as a rental last week, hated it. I have no desire to have the complexity of a hybrid.

I am certainly leaning that way but would reserve judgement to driving one. Simplicity of not having it is nice. MPG and generator could also be nice.

Warranty Warranty Warranty is my only plan either way.

Reactions: Apparition
I am certainly leaning that way but would reserve judgement to driving one. Simplicity of not having it is nice. MPG and generator could also be nice.

Warranty Warranty Warranty is my only plan either way.

I added another line to that post.

Reactions: Shank
The gist from my research on the Powerboost is that it's not going to be as reliable. I'd just go with the normal F150. I'd even consider the V8 (if you can find one) or the 2.7. The 2.7 are the most reliable. Though not as much HP and not as good at towing.

If going with used, then many said the 2015 - 2017 are the best years to get.

Reactions: Shank

Dont add MORE complexity and crap to go wrong with hyperflated MPG figures that never come to fruition

Ive had my Ecoboost F150 since new for 10 years. Aside from the cam phasers and rattling chain issue that got repaired free under warranty TSB or whatever, its been reliable

My steering rack may need to be replaced now
Im at 63,000 miles……its basically a spare truck we have kept, as I always had a company vehicle til 4 years ago and I got a new Hybrid SUV for commuting, but Im selling it also.

Now I wanna sell my F150 and buy an F250 to lift and be stupid …..😂