Newb from Dallas

Scottie

New guy alert. Bought a 99 TJ about a month ago. Been fixing a few things that needed repair, adding some things I wanted / needed (Bedrug kit over the metal tub, damn thing gets hot). I had a 77 CJ way back in the late 80s, loved it until I busted my face open on the steering wheel while off-roading. Shoulder belts are a cool invention. The PO did some wheeling, as far as I can tell. I have some body armor, a skid plate, extra lights, 2” lift, 33” BFGs. The body is in great shape, no rust (Texas winters), and decent mileage. Perfect Texas fall weather lately, so the top and doors are all off. Hope to get it off-road a bit very soon!

F0F64603-B62A-4757-A469-C8DA55160A96.jpeg

B1472629-909F-4F3E-8584-D18310B7736D.jpeg

Welcome to the friendliest Jeep forum on the inter-web mate...plenty of help here. Cant go wrong with a Black Jeep either.

Wow, that looks like a clean TJ, and a nice one too! Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! Have you had the top and doors off yet? I hope so!

A warm welcome from another Texan! Congrats on the new TJ!

Thanks all! I'm loving it so far. Everything on it seems to be rock solid, except for a few very minor things that I can fix up. It came with a bunch of mods already and a few different soft top variations, I'm not having to do much. Popping in new dash speakers and dash tray tomorrow.

Reactions: JMT and Chris