Newbie to the forum with a few questions

Before and after...

received_993598171450765.jpeg

received_958528461605409.jpeg

That is some nice work!! You jumped in with both feet. Is the rust just one side?

ps, love the color!

So just an update because I'm really happy with my setup. I ended up going with BDS springs...3" front, 2" rear and a 1.25" body lift, new, thicker Energy suspension rear upper spring isolater pads (I think about 3/8" thick?), RC adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket, Zone front and rear sway bar links, RE steering stabilizer, and Quadratec shocks (just because of the deal they had...I'll upgrade later), Tuff wheels and 285 Mastercraft blems that I got for $115 each. This is where my journey started though...

After I got it up on the lift, I saw how bad the frame was on the drivers side and passenger side rear at the control and the upper coil spring mounts. So what was going to be a fun upgrade with the lift turned into a month long job because I could only work on it in my spare time. Fortunately, my Dad is a pretty daggon good welder/fabricator so with his help, I think it turned out pretty good and should buy me a few more years. It gets worse though. After I got the frame repairs and lift done, I drove it a total of about 5 miles before the clutch wouldn't disengage. I replaced the master/slave but still wouldn't disengage. So I pulled the tranny. The moment that I started to separate the bellhousing from the motor, ball bearings fell out and onto the floor haha I discovered a throughout bearing in about 4 pieces inside. Replaced everything inside including the bearing retainer. It's back on the road and I'm pretty happy with everything I've done so far. Just attached some pics of the frame repair and a before and after my lift. I love this forum. I've learned SOOO much from y'all. You guys are always my "go-to" when I need TJ help haha

View attachment 264513

View attachment 264514

View attachment 264515

View attachment 264517

View attachment 264518

View attachment 264519

View attachment 264520

View attachment 264521

View attachment 264522

View attachment 264523
Nice job!

That is some nice work!! You jumped in with both feet. Is the rust just one side?

ps, love the color!
Thanks! Most of it was on the drivers side. The pictures of the small piece that we cut out was on the passenger side. I did replace both upper spring mounts as they were both in bad shape.