No 4WD drive light in low after front seal fix

Woolybuger11

I just had my front seals replaced in my 2003 jeep rubicon and now when i shift into 4wd low my 4wd light does not show up so no lockers. It shows up in high. And it goes into low. Just no light. It worked 2 days before that. Do you think they did something? Or is it the sensor on top of transfer case?

I'm guessing it's just coincidence, and the switch on top of the t-case went bad. I just did mine recently. I found it easiest to remove the shifter and get at it from the trans. tunnel. '05 Rubi automatic, fwiw.

Reactions: Woolybuger11
Check the tcase sensor connector on top of the transfer case, that's what the 4WD light uses to know position the tcase is in.
Didn't you just go through this explaining how the plunger switch inside the diff has to be held in place with a toothpick on a string to put the carrier back in? Why would the switch on top of the t-case be affected by replacing the seals in the front diff?

Reactions: Imapepper
Fixed it with the transfer case switch on top. Thanks ya'll
Good job, I figured it had to be that. Some mechanics would screw up a spark plug replacement, let alone getting underneath to fix a seal and then looking/probing around to see what's under a Jeep effing up what they touch.

Good job, I figured it had to be that. Some mechanics would screw up a spark plug replacement, let alone getting underneath to fix a seal and then looking/probing around to see what's under a Jeep effing up what they touch.
Jerry did you see my post about a 4 inch lift. Anything to add to that for a good lift or suggestions. I almost went with the ome ultimate lift what do you think

Jerry did you see my post about a 4 inch lift. Anything to add to that for a good lift or suggestions. I almost went with the ome ultimate lift what do you think
I posted a quick question in your thread asking if you'll be sticking with 33's or if 35's could possibly be in your Jeep's future.