No bus message and gauges don't work

J-Doc

First post for me but I’m struggling to figure out why I’m getting the No Bus message on my odometer. I’m followed some of the suggestions on different threads but nothing has fixed my problem.

I’ve replaced the ECM, ensured the fuses were good, checked relays, took the instrument cluster out and cleaned the contacts, replaced the cluster with a used one and nothing has fixed my problem.

The Jeep will crank up and is Drivable. All my lights work and the lights in the cluster work. I’m running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

I had this issue back when I owned a 99. Ended up with the Dealer replacing that section of the harness. Lucky for me it was still under warranty. So maybe check that section of harness?

First post for me but I’m struggling to figure out why I’m getting the No Bus message on my odometer. I’m followed some of the suggestions on different threads but nothing has fixed my problem.

I’ve replaced the ECM, ensured the fuses were good, checked relays, took the instrument cluster out and cleaned the contacts, replaced the cluster with a used one and nothing has fixed my problem.

The Jeep will crank up and is Drivable. All my lights work and the lights in the cluster work. I’m running out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

I had a similar issue on my '01 Durango with the 4.7L, except in my instance it was not drivable. For me, it was a shorted crank position sensor that was grounding out the entire sensor bus (hence the message). The process I used to figure it out was to leave the key in the "on" position and unplug each sensor one at a time. When I finally got to that sensor, i heard the fuel pump kick on because the truck "woke up" when the bus became unshorted. Since yours is drivable, you'd likely have to keep cycling the key each time you unplug a sensor to see if it goes away. There's a chance you could have a simliar issue, and the troubleshooting procedure would be the same. Based on the wiring I see in my TJ, I'd say it's more likely that the plastic wire loom rotted off of your wires and a wire rubbed the insulation off and is shorting against something. You could use the same process while wiggling/shaking different portions of the wiring throughout the jeep and see if you get lucky.

My 4 cyl was doing the same thing. I replaced the ignition switch (the actual switch on the left side of the column). Not a hard thing to do.
Good Luck