No crank

AndyHD86

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread, I'm new here. I just got my first Jeep, a 99 2.5L. I bought it from my best friend as he already has four Jeeps and hooked me in his addiction as well. Anyway, it has some electrical issues (I knew this when I bought it). There is a click in the glove box near the fuses when the key is turned but that is it. We replaced the key lock cylinder, the actuator, and tried two brand new ignition switches, nothing. There are no dash lights and no crank. I'm pretty sure the plug that goes into the ignition switch is good though as if you take a piece of wire and put it in the holes we can make the radio turn on. My friend said that the dash lights would turn on before he replaced the clutch master cylinder but he never tried to start it as it wasn't his yet so we don't know if it would have started before he replaced it. I'm also not sure why the master cylinder would change it not wanting to turn on. All grounds have been checked and we aren't really sure what to do next as we replaced the parts we thought were the issue. If anyone could help that would be great as I can't wait to get this thing (off) the road.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My apologies if this is in the wrong thread, I'm new here. I just got my first Jeep, a 99 2.5L. I bought it from my best friend as he already has four Jeeps and hooked me in his addiction as well. Anyway, it has some electrical issues (I knew this when I bought it). There is a click in the glove box near the fuses when the key is turned but that is it. We replaced the key lock cylinder, the actuator, and tried two brand new ignition switches, nothing. There are no dash lights and no crank. I'm pretty sure the plug that goes into the ignition switch is good though as if you take a piece of wire and put it in the holes we can make the radio turn on. My friend said that the dash lights would turn on before he replaced the clutch master cylinder but he never tried to start it as it wasn't his yet so we don't know if it would have started before he replaced it. I'm also not sure why the master cylinder would change it not wanting to turn on. All grounds have been checked and we aren't really sure what to do next as we replaced the parts we thought were the issue. If anyone could help that would be great as I can't wait to get this thing (off) the road.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey andy, did you ever find what the problem was on this?