No dome light

Gig

Hi
I have a 2005 tj
Dome light is inop.
Floor lights work ok.
Dome light doesnt even work from headlight control switch.
Ive replaced dome lamp bulbs,replaced the fuse and as a last resort,i replaced turn signal switch on colum.
It is a soft top.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also door jam switches seem to be working properly because my mileage indicator lights up when i open the doors.

15504441033761826885086168758775.jpg

Neither side works?

You may have a cut/broken wire in the harness to the dome lights.

Neither side works.
It hasn't been working for more than a year. I just now started to try and work it out. I thought for sure it was my headlamp/turnsignal switch.

any other suggestions?
my dome light also went out few days ago.

replaced the bulb and fuse. still inop....other than a busted wire, what else should i check?

any other suggestions?
my dome light also went out few days ago.

replaced the bulb and fuse. still inop....other than a busted wire, what else should i check?

Did both go out or just one?

Since you ruled out the obvious two failures, do you have a multimeter so you can check if there is any voltage where the light/speaker's harness connects into the speaker pod's harness?

Did both go out or just one?

Since you ruled out the obvious two failures, do you have a multimeter so you can check if there is any voltage where the light/speaker's harness connects into the speaker pod's harness?
there is more than one dome light?
i just have 1 - inbetween the overhead speakers

there is more than one dome light?
i just have 1 - inbetween the overhead speakers

Yes and no. I assumed you had a similar issue as the OP, with a newer model TJ. Newer models have two individual speaker pods, and older models have one.

I would still take the approach I mentioned, but I will say that I have never disassembled, or looked at, that older style.

Newer mods have a pair of these: