No oil pressure

Christian

Supporting Member
Afternoon everyone
Tried to search about this but came up short so here it goes.
Out wheeling I suddenly lost oil pressure for no apparent reason and been trying to fix it ever since.
Changed the oil pressure sending unit but no avail.
Yesterday I took the pan off and changed the oil pump for a Mopar OEM also I changed the rear output seal since I was there already (nice post in that one, thx)
That didn’t help and I’ve been looking at the OPDA which seems ok, maybe a tiny bit of slack but I can’t see that being an issue.
Also checking if the pump is primed. If I crank it with the oil filter loose, oil comes gushing out so I assume the pump is ok.
Still I have no oil pressure. What is going on?

Wiring to sensor ok?
Gauge itself ok?
Gages are good. I did a self test by holding in the button on the odometer. I’m pretty confident the wiring is ok.
Also it seems the valves are ticking somewhat louder so I’m starting to think there’s a blockage in the block or similar. Maybe an air pocket.
I just hoped it would be something I overlooked.
The engine runs so it’s not the camshaft.

A little update. I was unable to find a mechanical oil pressure gauge for now but when I remove the oil pressure sending unit and run the pump with a power tool it blows oil forcefully.
Anyway I decided to remove the valve cover and found a pushrod bent and snapped. Don’t know if this could prevent oil from circulating but it sure is an all together bigger problem now.
I guess I’m looking at removing the whole valve train, the head and the camshaft. Then do the damage assessment

Pictures of what I found

F6116317-7725-45A5-BCD4-46C9B74E724A.jpeg

AE42A6B2-6203-4211-AE1A-E4D8D5B695B1.jpeg

2A578A53-7BAC-4D87-844B-947601916E1C.jpeg