No sound after heater core swap

Nick21

Savvy Bumper Club
Supporting Member
Recently replaced the heater core on my 98 after dealing with bad heat for several years. After putting everything back together the radio turns on but no noice on any of the speakers.

The unit is aftermarket, bit it seems likely the issue is a missed plug in somewhere.

Any ideas of which plug-ins might have got missed that caused this issue? All other switches/lights still work

Last edited:
Doesn't appear that the antenna is the issue, I double checked the connection and verified that the radio was able to change between stations and pick up the song/artist information

Reactions: tr21triton
there should only be the 1 connector with everything in it. you didn't by some chance put it on mute did ya ? I know I hit the wrong button on a aftermarket radio and it wouldn't play , had to pull over and it took me about 5 minutes going through the menu to figure it out !

Reactions: Nick21
I got it working again. I think your original idea was right, I disconnect thr section, blow it out and plugged it back in, power cycled a few times then it started working, likely was pulled out just enough that it wasn't connected. Thanks for the help