No TJs in Iceland?

Vulture

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So, I just got back from a vacation in Iceland and being the TJ owner that I am, I kept a constant lookout for TJ's there and did not see one single TJ!! Saw Cherokees in abundance, a small scattering of the JKU and just some odds-and-ends other models. Do we even have a Forum member in Iceland?

I want to say that there is someone on here from Iceland, but they very rarely ever post.

I didn't even know there were cars in Iceland :risas3:

Kidding of course.

This is probably why you don't see many...especially in the summer !!

ice.png

Reactions: EJD
Iceland has incredible 4x4s. But their conditions dictate looong wheelbase. The biggest obstacle they face are crevasses. Diesel Crewcabs rule. And tires start at 40". Altho they have a lot of Landcriusers too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch
Iceland has incredible 4x4s. But their conditions dictate looong wheelbase. The biggest obstacle they face are crevasses. Diesel Crewcabs rule. And tires start at 40". Altho they have a lot of Landcriusers too.

I wonder if those guys point and snicker at the boys over here in their measly 35" tires? :) Cool video. And that music was cracking me up!

Yeah, I've been to Iceland also.... Beautiful place & people :) I think most of it is exactly what Billiebob said above. They need long wheel bases.

The place is full of amazing off-road vehicles. Here I am showing proud ownership (yah, I know....wishful thinking!) of one of the many types of Mercedes "Vans" that populate the place. Note the little red fitting on the front fender. That's where the airline attaches from the tire in order to inflate/deflate the tires on the fly. Cool stuff.
DSC_5042.jpg