NOISE COMING FROM THE REAR AXLE

Call www.4lowparts.com at 855-886-4569 and ask to talk with Ricky Garza. I noticed he was selling some open Dana 35 spider gears on Amazon.com, ask him if he can also get them for a Tracloc equipped Dana 35 too. Please tell him I sent you to him, he's a good guy who has been very helpful to me in the past.

Last edited:
Call www.4lowparts.com at 855-886-4569 and ask to talk with Ricky Garza. I noticed he was selling some open Dana 35 spider gears on Amazon.com, ask him if he can also get them for a Tracloc equipped Dana 35 too. Please tell him I sent you to him, he's a good guy who has been very helpful to me in the past.
Thank you Jerry, I was able to get the spider gears installed. I will fill it up tomorrow and see how it works.

Reactions: Chris
Great news! What changed?
Took a power nap and went back at it. Watched a few videos on how to install spider gears and lots of force was needed to get them to rotate and slide the pin. Once I got them inside the pumpkin and install the shaft they seem to be doing what they are supposed to, wont know for sure until I add fluids tomorrow. I am waiting on RTV to dry.

Good deal, sounds like you are all squared away. Make some slow turns in the beginning to get some oil worked into the clutches. It may "pop" a bit until they do, all normal.

Reactions: Ricardo Monsalve
Sorry for posting late here. Years ago we had noises comes from posi and limited slip units when making turns. It was stiction from the clutch plates. There's a additive to eliminate this chatter. Advanced auto parts has it.