Not eBay... but dang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the color of the half doors I purchased from a previous owner of my old '97 Sport, and plan to have painted silver to match my TJR.
2004_jeep_wrangler-pic-8480295654893289261-1024x768.jpg

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Not a fan of the bumper and wheels, but other than that, I dig it! Time for an upgrade?
Bumpers and wheels are easy...

I don't know Chris, I just don't know. I'm liking the idea of a Rubicon, especially a 2003 or 2004. I know they are out there. But my SE is such a good rig for what I do. If I was going to get one, it would be something like this, unless there's a bone stock one floating around with the half doors and factory soft top. Low miles and unmolested.

The thing is, once mine is regeared and limited slip / lockers installed it's going to be just what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Bumpers and wheels are easy...

I don't know Chris, I just don't know. I'm liking the idea of a Rubicon, especially a 2003 or 2004. I know they are out there. But my SE is such a good rig for what I do. If I was going to get one, it would be something like this, unless there's a bone stock one floating around with the half doors and factory soft top. Low miles and unmolested.

The thing is, once mine is regeared and limited slip / lockers installed it's going to be just what the doctor ordered.

The Rubicon too me amounts to the axles, lockers, transfer case, and resale value. I like knowing that I don't need to mess with my axles or add lockers. It's a nice feeling!

Reactions: StG58
The Rubicon too me amounts to the axles, lockers, transfer case, and resale value. I like knowing that I don't need to mess with my axles or add lockers. It's a nice feeling!
Exactly. So going to the Rubicon gets me axles (that I don't really need) and selectable lockers (that I might need). Resale is immaterial, because my Jeeps are pretty much scrap when I get rid of them anyway. I do loose the simplicity of the SE in the bargain.

Thanks for the sanity check Chris.

Its interesting where this guy is parked...I like the gate !!
They can keep the wheels but those are the tires I have.

I like it...minus the stick shift it is pretty cool
Nice ride, right? You could do something with that. I know the automatic is superior off road, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to row my own boat. Personal quirk.
Its interesting where this guy is parked...I like the gate !!
They can keep the wheels but those are the tires I have.
Those wheels would have to go. Some people's children have no taste.

You should see some of the gates around here. Weyerhaeuser is the king of gates...followed closely by Stimpson.

that is probably why they are there in the first place.

That's my thought as well. Whenever I see a used TJ with "armor", I instinctively assume there is rust under there. When water gets trapped between the armor and the body, that's never any good.

Those diamond plate corner guards are a recipe for rust.
that is probably why they are there in the first place.
That's my thought as well. Whenever I see a used TJ with "armor", I instinctively assume there is rust under there. When water gets trapped between the armor and the body, that's never any good.
It's a Texas Jeep, so maybe the corner guards are just for cool? Though they did flood down there recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.