Not Getting The Color Jeep You Wanted

I didn't care too much what color. I didn't really want black though. I love a black vehicle when it's clean, but hate it when it's dirty. I bought a brand new black Chevy truck back in '91. It was beautiful when cleaned up, but damn, all it took to make it look like crap was to drive over a slightly wet road. I loved that truck though, my first brand new vehicle. As far as my Khaki Jeep, I would have never bought that years ago. That color was what old people bought when they bought a Buick Lesabre, Chevy Impala or any truck...right??

But I actually love it now on my Jeep, and I'm also 50 now, so...

Reactions: Squatch
Patriot Blue Pearl. I first saw mine in March '03 and in February '04 it was truly mine in like new condition.
With only 19 miles on the odometer.

I absolutely had to have green...electric lime green specifically. Only made in 04 and 05, I searched nationwide for months and months, luckily found one about 3 hours away.👍

AAE4F7EB-35EC-44AC-8F56-2FF8301CEC0D.png

I was really only concerned about the condition of the jeeps I was looking at when searching for mine.

Never gave color a second thought till I came across what would eventually become my TJ. I really disliked the green, but the condition, maintenance history and price were too good to pass.

After 2 years now, it's really grown on me. And I agree, they do look best when covered in dirt or mud!😎
View attachment 127933View attachment 127934

Your story is pretty much my story. My deal was too good to pass up

Reactions: DaveC
I have never been too picky on a color but white is definitely my favorite, not just on a TJ but every vehicle. I always buy used vehicles so I never let color be the deciding factor as long as it's not pink, purple or some obnoxious color. I have four vehicles at the moment, three are white and one is dark grayish color.

On a TJ I am a big fan of the dark green color with a tan hardtop. I found a couple of these when I was in the market but all had too many mods for me.

The TJ I have is white with a white hardtop which I like and seems to be pretty unique. My wife thinks it looks like a 1990's G-Wagon. She calls it our J-Wagon. 😂

I would be pretty stoked on any TJ that was white, dark green, impact orange or black.

Reactions: Zedd
The TJ can get away with colours other cars can't pull off. I'd drive combinations in a TJ I wouldn't in most other cars

Yep, Wranglers are like Legos. With so many replaceable parts, squared lines, and black trim pieces, any color scheme works well, be it bold or mellow.

One thing to keep in mind is resale value. Yellow is a very low production number vehicle. Across the board. I think I read someplace recently that only like 3% or or so of cars are made in yellow. I guess you could look at that two ways. One it's rare. But two it's probably driven by buyers wants. And I don't think alot of people want yellow. Impact orange is also a low production number color. But it seems to be sought after by alot of Jeep buyers. It's a very popular color. Especially on here. I think your resale value will be a bit more with the impact orange than the yellow.

With first generation Miatas, Sunburst Yellow was produced in very low numbers because, well, no one wanted it. It was awful. But, 15 years later, it was among the most sought after colors precisely because it was the rarest. The collector's mindset is a strange beast, indeed.

Reactions: Raymund
Jeep Side.jpg

I did get the color I've always preferred in a Jeep. Specifically, this is Shale Green Metallic. I'm going to be swapping out the black soft top for one in the color Spice. To my mind, a green Jeep with a tan top is an iconic look. I recently installed new seats and I got those in the color Spice.

New Seats.jpg

I love my jeep and I’m taking good care of her. But, though financially I got what I needed, god damnit I wanted Yellow so bad. It’ll be impossible to trade, to want another one when you know the car so well, or not seeing myself getting rid of mine. Maybe in the future I’ll go for a yellow one with the 4.0 to justify it.

Just being a little sad is all. Did you guys get the color you truly wanted?

View attachment 127921View attachment 127922
No we settled for another color, I wanted Yellow because it pops in trail photo's my wife not so much. For yrs it's bugged me I finally had it wrapped and in the end I really like what we ended up with even though the wrap was not exactly close to what we asked for. I almost went with a reddish color and not a good reddish color over the yrs I see that color around and I'm glad I didn't do that. Try a wrap to add some pop to it , makes the rest of the color less of a reminder of what you did. lol

At the time of my Jeep purchase I was on a time constraint to get a new vehicle because someone crashed and totaled my recently paid-off other vehicle...choice at the time was between a nice Flame Red X and this Forest Green Sahara. I had to go green, i'm a sucker for earth tones. :)

IMG_7309.JPG

20 years ago it was the exact color I wanted. Gunmetal Pearl. But I’m either repainting or going with a Color tinted Bed liner this coming spring. So I’m not sure if I’m going back that color or going grey.

C03DBD75-41AC-4128-AD80-818CBAC594EB.jpeg

OD was always my first color choice for a Jeep but I’ve never not purchased a vehicle because of the color. My wife liked red so when we had a choice she picked the red one, a red Lebaron coupe and red Explorer Sport. Red vehicles go faster you know.

I've always been a fan of bright colors on vehicles. I had a CJ5 that I repainted Mopar Sub-Lime, my F150 is Lightning Blue, my Mustang is Grabber Blue. So I guess Impact Orange was my obvious choice. I do dig the Electric-Lime Green, but couldn't find one that I liked. I'm happy with the orange for now. I even like the fender flairs faded to match the top.
Resized_20190924_192411.jpg

When I was looking at getting back into Jeeps I was pretty set on finding sport painted red. My first vehicle was a 1999 painted red and I wanted that nostalgic feeling of having my first vehicle again. I previously owned a white TJ and a black JKU and I didn't want those colors again.

Well after searching and checking out a few overpriced/poor shaped red ones I widen the search and included LJs. Luck would have it a black 2006 Unlimited Rubicon popped up a hour away and I am in love with it now! My favorite Jeep so far!

FB_IMG_1575418359435.jpgFB_IMG_1575418398653.jpgFB_IMG_1575417805125.jpg20191120_155935.jpg

Paint is cheaper than major mechanical reconstruction. I got lucky finding the right jeep in the right color, but I would have gotten any color that was fairly priced in good mechanical condition.