Novak cable help

dan lee

TJ Addiction
Supporting Member
Ok, so all was going well, thought I had everything adjusted correctly, went to test, got it to go through the gears, now I can’t get the transfer case back into 4 hi or 2 hi, even with the shifter disconnected, I have the transfer case cover off, so I really can’t move the Jeep, do I need to pull the front drive line?

Ok, so all was going well, thought I had everything adjusted correctly, went to test, got it to go through the gears, now I can’t get the transfer case back into 4 hi or 2 hi, even with the shifter disconnected, I have the transfer case cover off, so I really can’t move the Jeep, do I need to pull the front drive line?
How are you testing it? Engine on or off? Key on or off? Auto or manual transmission? What position is the gear selector in?

I just did this. The case can be finicky. It worked for me to put a wrench on end of shift lever (case side) and turn to get back into 4wd low and then I hooked the cable back up.

For whatever reason, this didn’t want to move a few weeks ago but would easily shift this past weekend.

You can also post a picture of the shift lever (case side) so people here can confirm you are in neutral.

I jacked up the drivers side this morning, put a wrench on the shifter and rotated the wheel, it freed up. Put it all back together. Put the transmission in neutral and went from 2H to 4H real smooth, then back to 2H. I will put jack stands on it tomorrow, and run it through all the gears with it running.
Thanks for the help!