Now here's a TJ I haven't seen before...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
41661481_668195166899758_183580766385471488_o.jpg

I don’t hate it with a couple of changes (different bumper, wheels). It’s looks like a TJ defender cross over which is sort of neat and I could see it looking badass with 33s and a bit more taste

Reactions: Squatch
I don’t hate it with a couple of changes (different bumper, wheels). It’s looks like a TJ defender cross over which is sort of neat and I could see it looking badass with 33s and a bit more taste

I agree. Lose all the chrome and snorkel, slight lift with 33s and it would look pretty nice.

Reactions: Chris
Lose the snorkel, the chrome trim and the tube bumpers, and put on a different wheel/tire combo, and I think it'd be sweet. Anyone notice the manually locking hubs? Also, when I enlarge the pic, it looks like it's a parallel leaf set-up (unless that's just a dark spot on the road surface that happens to look remarkably like a leaf spring...). Quite an interesting rig, to be sure. Wish we actually new something about it.

Lose the snorkel, the chrome trim and the tube bumpers, and put on a different wheel/tire combo, and I think it'd be sweet. Anyone notice the manually locking hubs? Also, when I enlarge the pic, it looks like it's a parallel leaf set-up (unless that's just a dark spot on the road surface that happens to look remarkably like a leaf spring...). Quite an interesting rig, to be sure. Wish we actually new something about it.
I think you're right. It looks like a leaf spring. It is in Cuba, who knows what they build down there.

Check out the top of the doors...Also a passenger side drop front axle. So its using a Chevy front axle and its using an Chevy transfer case or a flipped case like a Dana 300 or an Atlas(highly doubtful)

Reactions: Squatch
Also, not a TJ front door. It's not rounded at the upper corner, it's cornered off. What is that thing? Maybe it's a Tummer

Sorta looks like a FJ40 rear. Those guys in Cuba will hobble a few vehicles together to make one. The front end is whacked though, look at the wear pattern on the tire.