NP231 Making Noises

Yoda

TJ Enthusiast
Lately if I take right hand turns at decent speed....say, like a highway on-ramp I get some noise from the NP231. Kind of like the front driveshaft is rubbing slightly but this happens in 2WD. It feels like it is closer to the front of the trans/t-case assembly than the rear and I can feel a bit of vibration on the T-case handle when this is happening.

I haven't seen any rub marks from the driveshaft hitting something...any ideas? Thanks!

How is your front driveshaft's CV joint? Are you hearing any squeaky noises often described as angry sparrows?

How is your front driveshaft's CV joint? Are you hearing any squeaky noises often described as angry sparrows?

No noises at all except when I take a long right turn at decent speed, like a highway on-ramp. No noticeable wear on anything underneath.

If it’s only when turning id suspect your axle u joints before I suspected the driveshaft.

Reactions: Matt131
Bad engine mounts + bad trans mount + beat up factory z linkage lead mine to bump in and out of 4hi on large bumps when I first got it. Do you have the factory z linkage?