NRS Brake Pads

skrelnik

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Not for my LJ, but another vehicle - Has anyone heard of, or know anything about, NRS Brake Pads? Any reviews or experiences? I have googled the crap out of them and cannot find any reviews. On paper they look great, but would like to hear if anyone has had any experience with this brand? Made in Canada.

https://nrsbrakes.com/

I sort of wanted to tag him, you and Jerry, but didn't...will now. You know what these pads are going!

@mrblaine - do you know these NRS brake pads?

Need new brake pads for a Challenger and wanted to drive something different than Stoptech/Hawk/EBC.
I suspect that if anyone knows anything about the various different brake pads out there, it’d be him.

I’d like some bigger disc brakes for my Camaro, but unfortunately it looks like Wilwood may be my only choice.

I suspect that if anyone knows anything about the various different brake pads out there, it’d be him.

I’d like some bigger disc brakes for my Camaro, but unfortunately it looks like Wilwood may be my only choice.

Do you not like or want Wildwood? Brembo another option?

Do you not like or want Wildwood? Brembo another option?
Brembo doesn’t appear to make a kit for mine. Do some reading up on Wilwood, there’s a lot of bad reviews out there. Someone converted it to discs but the brakes suck. It’s got tiny little rotors too.

Brembo doesn’t appear to make a kit for mine. Do some reading up on Wilwood, there’s a lot of bad reviews out there. Someone converted it to discs but the brakes suck. It’s got tiny little rotors too.

I sort of came to the same conclusion when thinking about upgrading the Miatas brakes, and instead I got some EBC Yellowstuff pads and they are doing great so far.

So what are your other options? Anyone make smaller production BBKs?

I sort of came to the same conclusion when thinking about upgrading the Miatas brakes, and instead I got some EBC Yellowstuff pads and they are doing great so far.

So what are your other options? Anyone make smaller production BBKs?

Well I’m not sure but I’ll probably end up going with one of the Wilwood kits anyways. The Camaro guys seem to like them a lot so maybe their Camaro line isnt as bad 🤷🏻

Well I’m not sure but I’ll probably end up going with one of the Wilwood kits anyways. The Camaro guys seem to like them a lot so maybe their Camaro line isnt as bad 🤷🏻

Tough call, but if the Wildwood kits are working it's probably the best out there. Are you going to give it a try?

Funny, I was just on a Camaro forum as someone mentioned the NRS pads but then it went silent. The pads are made in Canada, so I like that, but I can't find one real user review, only all the marketing hype. Even Bobistheoulguy had a thread on the pads and the NRS technology used.

So confused...

Reactions: Chris
Chris, I would recommend staying away from Wilwood. I've used them on numerous customer vehicles with less than stellar results.

Yeah, I was afraid of that. Damn, there's really no other good options.
My last fiasco with them was on a 2000 Firebird that I put an LS7 in. We put a 12 bolt in the rear with Wilwood brakes, which was fine.
The front brakes ended up being the nightmare. Now this was supposed to be a bolt on kit requiring no mods. In the air, everything bolted on as designed, but when the car was put on the ground the front was locked up. When the suspension was at normal ride height, the rotors were hitting the lower control arms.
Wilwood told me to grind the lower control arms down until I had adequate clearance. The problem was clearancing the lower arms
left no material to safely support the lower ball joint.

https://www.mpbrakes.com/front-brak...nt.asp?catid=45D03249450D403F9667A5CE9B956A5F
https://www.classicperform.com/NewProducts/2006/NewFiles/BigBrakeKit.htm

Last edited:
Chris, I would recommend staying away from Wilwood. I've used them on numerous customer vehicles with less than stellar results.
Anyone that is even remotely aware of my abilities would be able to surmise that it would not be a stretch for me to use Wilwood parts to build brake kits. There is a reason I don't and it isn't because I didn't try.

Someone converted it to discs but the brakes suck.

Very likely S10 brakes. They used to be a very popular, cheap way to swap disc brakes onto a Chevy. I bet if you measure the rotor size it will match up to stock S10 rotors.

I'd look to SSBC, or see what Year One or Classic Industries has to offer for that car. You have a very popular platform, so everything is available and often prepackaged.

Anyone that is even remotely aware of my abilities would be able to surmise that it would not be a stretch for me to use Wilwood parts to build brake kits. There is a reason I don't and it isn't because I didn't try.

Any chance you know this company and their pads? Stock Brembo pads are like $700 for front and rear, and while I am not trying to save money or being cheap, I was looking for an alternative to the Brembo pads.

Screenshot_20220325-071757.jpg

Any chance you know this company and their pads? Stock Brembo pads are like $700 for front and rear, and while I am not trying to save money or being cheap, I was looking for an alternative to the Brembo pads.

View attachment 318063
I don't but reading what they have to say about them, they are happier they don't rust than any other attribute.

I don't but reading what they have to say about them, they are happier they don't rust than any other attribute.

Eh, they are Canadians that care about rust!

If you have never heard of them, then I am passing and going to buy stock Brembos. I searched all over the internet, every forum I could think of, and never found a single user who tried them. As much as I like trying new things, I'll pass on these.

Thanks

Just following up here, as there is little information on these pads. I believe they are more geared towards EV cars who use brakes less than ICE cars, due to EV brake regeneration. The main issue with EV brakes is they are seldomly used and water gets in between the backing plate and compound, causing rust, squealing and eventually the material peeling away from the backing plate.

NRS has this backing plate hook system so the compound is permanently attached, and this reduced/eliminates rust problems and the pad separating from the backing plate.

Good video on this below.