NTD: Cooper AT3 LT

String-a-ling

Picked up a set of Moabs for cheap recently and Cooper’s doing a little promo right now so I decided to try them out in a 265/75/16C. I’ve got 80 miles on them so far and coming from an 31x10.5x15 ST Maxx, they make for a pretty quiet and luxurious (for a Jeep) ride. Not that the Maxx is by any means rough or bad but there is a very perceptible difference in rolling resistance and skinny pedal usage. Definitely feels like the Jeep doesn’t have to try as hard even with the AT3 being slightly taller. We’ll see if it makes any gains at the pump in a few days!

I only have one peeve so far about this tire and that is that this particular size falls in the LT variant of the AT3 lineup. The knobbier looking sidewall on the XLT version is wayyyy more aesthetically pleasing. I wish they would’ve just given all the C,D,E load truck tires the same beefier sidewall design and used this one strictly for the P/SL 4s version tires... My $0.02...

1199A897-6AFE-4A31-8DAF-87020BE0875D.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up a set of Moabs for cheap recently and Cooper’s doing a little promo right now so I decided to try them out in a 265/75/16C. I’ve got 80 miles on them so far and coming from an 31x10.5x15 ST Maxx, they make for a pretty quiet and luxurious (for a Jeep) ride. Not that the Maxx is by any means rough or bad but there is a very perceptible difference in rolling resistance and skinny pedal usage. Definitely feels like the Jeep doesn’t have to try as hard even with the AT3 being slightly taller. We’ll see if it makes any gains at the pump in a few days!

I only have one peeve so far about this tire and that is that this particular size falls in the LT variant of the AT3. The knobbier looking sidewall on the XLT version is wayyyy more aesthetically pleasing. I wish they would’ve just given all the C,D,E load truck tires the same sidewall design and kept this on strictly for the P/SL 4s version tires... My $0.02...

View attachment 285598
I just got these same tires a few weeks ago and I 100% agree with everything you mentioned above including the XLT. Oh well, still a great tire. Best AT I’ve used so far which makes me want to try the XLTs even more. I have some 17” pintlers in storage and when I’m ready to move up to 33s I’ll probably get some 285/70r17 XLTs to go on them.

E0F3AC95-9F33-4797-8446-49C550C5E4A9.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
I just got these same tires a few weeks ago and I 100% agree with everything you mentioned above including the XLT. Oh well, still a great tire. Best AT I’ve used so far which makes me want to try the XLTs even more. I have some 17” pintlers in storage and when I’m ready to move up to 33s I’ll probably get some 285/70r17 XLTs to go on them.

View attachment 285621
Nice ride!!! Color me jelly on the Pintlers. It's terrible, I got these a day ago and am really enjoying them, but here I am mulling over the next set... it really is a sickness... if I had a set of 17s I'd really like to try that new Rugged Trek model in 265/70/17. Maybe they'll add more sizes eventually!

It's great to read that there are tires that ride nicely with these wheels. That seems to be the trick. Do the stock flares cover the tread, difficult to tell from the pictures? The rear looks perfect but do you think the fronts will hit?

It's great to read that there are tires that ride nicely with these wheels. That seems to be the trick. Do the stock flares cover the tread, difficult to tell from the pictures? The rear looks perfect but do you think the fronts will hit?
I have a set of Rubi Flares installed so they're a tad wider than a stock one but only maybe by half an inch or so. I cant remember exactly what the difference is but here's pic of what it looks like from the front. Hope this helps!

IMG_5366.jpeg

I have a set of Rubi Flares installed so they're a tad wider than a stock one but only maybe by half an inch or so. I cant remember exactly what the difference is but here's pic of what it looks like from the front. Hope this helps!

View attachment 288681
I have the exact same tires as @String-a-ling . The Rubi flares cover the tread but there’s a little sidewall exposed. These tires are absolutely silent and will be my go to in the future.
A5DE617B-B266-40C9-A4D9-929D517599F2.jpeg
8A7A4178-21CC-4037-9DEB-F8A692DC5B1F.jpeg

Reactions: pagrey
I should remark for anybody that comes across this thread in the future that the MPG’s are great with these as well. I’m getting 16 mixed 60/40 city/hwy. Prolly 17-18 just on the hwy! I 2nd @Jamison C that these will be my go to A/T!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamison C
I have a few times. I haven’t aired down below 26 but the difference between them and the 245/75/16 MTs that came off of was definitely noticeable. They grip well too. I wheeled down a sandy riverbed with my brother one night and they ate the sand up like it was nothing.

@Jamison C Have you wheeled them? If so, how was it? Haven’t gotten a chance to do anything other than dirt roads yet.
I have a few times. I haven’t aired down below 26 but the difference between them and the 245/75/16 MTs that came off of was definitely noticeable. They grip well too. I wheeled down a sandy riverbed with my brother one night and they ate the sand up like it was nothing.

Reactions: String-a-ling