OEM Speakers?

They look just like my factory front speakers

1719601166325.png

Those are the upgraded Infinity speakers for the 7 speaker system. They’re actually good speakers but because of the autistic acoustics that is the interior of the TJ the premium sound doesn’t really help.

Those speakers suck now. They’re 20 years old.

So is the rest of the Jeep.
The point I believe trying to be made here is that the technology and capability of a new speaker would far surpass the current ability of the original speakers.
I'd consider retaining the pod and going with separates though... far better sound quality than a full-range speaker in the same size.

Reactions: JMT
So is the rest of the Jeep.
The point I believe trying to be made here is that the technology and capability of a new speaker would far surpass the current ability of the original speakers.
I'd consider retaining the pod and going with separates though... far better sound quality than a full-range speaker in the same size.

It's not worth it to retain the pods. Even if you replace the components with modern speakers it's still only a 4" midrange and a 1" tweeter that's not angled towards your ears. If you want pods Crutchfield has them and they take 5.25" speakers. If you want a component system you can get dash mounts or under dash tweeter mounts so that the tweeters are properly angled.