WTB: OEM TJ Radio ('97 - '03)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmr22

TJ Enthusiast
As the title states, I am looking for an OEM radio for my 1998 TJ. I believe the radio needs to be from a '97 - '03 Wrangler in order to fit.

Thanks!

Red Dog was kind enough to test his before sending it my way but unfortunately it was dead. So if anyone else has one, please let me know.

I took mine out of my 2000 3 years ago. Has been stored in my dry garage cabinet. It worked when I pulled it. Thinking it has a tape player, AM/FM, not sure if it had CD. I am from Haubstadt, IN. I have been to Olney before, I think you're less than an hour away. Can send pics later when I get home if you're interested. If you were to pick it up, I'd let it go for $10.

I would definitely be interested, not sure when I can get to Haubstadt though. I have been there many times, ran a Modified and Late Model for quite a few years and Tri-State was always my favorite place to race.

I live about 2 minutes from the Tri-State Speedway! I don't know when I would ever be up your way, could possibly meet in the middle but would need more than $10 for gas!

The radio isn't going anywhere, probably will set in my cabinet forever lol. If you're not in a hurry I could hold onto it for you until it worked out.

I live about 2 minutes from the Tri-State Speedway! I don't know when I would ever be up your way, could possibly meet in the middle but would need more than $10 for gas!

The radio isn't going anywhere, probably will set in my cabinet forever lol. If you're not in a hurry I could hold onto it for you until it worked out.

Awesome, I will know where to find you. I am not in a huge hurry to get the radio. I am sure I will head to Evansville sometime in the near future. When I do, I will get a hold of you.

Reactions: Cornbread
Got mine in my attic I can go fetch, factory radio. Should be CD player (i'm 74% sure it's CD and not Cassette) and everything worked when it was installed. Fit my 98. It's yours, just cover shipping from Houston.

That would be great, I would rather have the CD as opposed to cassette but its not a deal breaker either way. As long as the face isn't beat up, I will take it. Just let me know what shipping is.

I'll look when I get home today. I believe it looks just fine. If shipping is more than $20 i'd be surprised but i'll box it up and run numbers on UPS

Just curious . . . .
Most folks do a so-called 'upgrade' . . . . flashing multi colored lights, microscopic buttons, un-readable clock, blue tooth, yellow tooth, no teeth, 118 page user guide written in a strange language, and on it goes . . .
You, Mr. dmr22, on the other hand, have opted to have the completely user friendly OEM radio . . . you know, the radio that matches the interior of your vehicle, has a readable clock, sounds as it should in a noisy TJ.
WHY ?? :giggle:🆒

Last edited:
Factory radios allow commercials. My new one doesn't because I have an iPod hooked to it. I can't stand commercials. ;)

Estimate is $15.75 UPS Ground based on Olney, IL 62450.

Just curious . . . .
Most folks do a so-called 'upgrade' . . . . flashing multi colored lights, microscopic buttons, un-readable clock, blue tooth, yellow tooth, no teeth, 118 page user guide written in a strange language, and on it goes . . .
You, Mr. dmr22, on the other hand, have opted to have the completely user friendly OEM radio . . . you know, the radio that matches the interior of your vehicle, has a readable clock, sounds as it should in a noisy TJ.
WHY ?? :giggle:[emoji684]

Haha yeah, the aftermarket radio in my TJ now doesn’t do much for me and it rattles like crazy. I’m not much of a music guy and prefer the functionality of the oem radio so here I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just installed a factory CD player that has an iPod jack installed. Best thing I ever did. I’m with @Head Lice about the microscopic controls on the aftermarket radios. Makes them worthless to me.

Reactions: Head Lice
Just FYI the OEM fit years are 97' to 02' and 03' to 06', an 03' will not fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmr22
Status
Not open for further replies.