Office Chair Recommendations

JeepZilla380

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Any of you work from home warriors have an office/gaming chair that you absolutely love? I've been using an IKEA Marcus for the better part of 5 years and its worn out. Been a good chair, but looking for anything I should try planting my ass in before committing the money.

Looking at surplus factory office chairs since so many companies here in ATL have gone virtual or belly up, so have a few options there, and also considering gaming chairs.

For that price it better have come with a red head, blonde and a brunette to sit under the desk!
I got half it back in taxes as a business write-off, so it wasn’t as bad as the initial sticker shock. They’ve also gone up a lot since the Wuhan flu. I paid $1700 just 4 years ago.

Reactions: Ron505
Once you sit in one you’ll understand. For a guy who works at a computer for a living this chair has been a game changer.
Oh I bet. I'm using a standing desk as well, so I can mix it up some during the work day. Humans are meant to sit this much.

Oh I bet. I'm using a standing desk as well, so I can mix it up some during the work day. Humans are meant to sit this much.
Absolutely! I’m going to buy a convertible desk next so that I can stand when I want and sit at other times. I also make it a habit to never sit for more than an hour before getting up and taking a walk.

Reactions: Ron505
Absolutely! I’m going to buy a convertible desk next so that I can stand when I want and sit at other times. I also make it a habit to never sit for more than an hour before getting up and taking a walk.
Do they make convertible desks that can hold a few monitors?

I like a good chair but no way I could spend 2 grand on one...The "Westcliffe" from staples has been very comfortable for me, I've bought a few of them over the years. My current is 3 years old and working well. I keep it on the lowest setting so not sure how well the lift holds up. It is very comfortable to me though so whenever I need a chair for a new location that's what I get.

I have been working from home exclusively for the past 18 months. I have many hours in the chair that I got at Office Depot. It was almost $300 if I recall, but it has served my fat ass well. I strongly recommend going to your local store and putting your backside in a few to see what works for you and what doesn't. The chair that I first wanted (based upon the website) was HORRIBLY uncomfortable during my 'test sitting' at the store.
1644597846143.png