Official Craigslist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does 'non-oped' mean?
Non-op is a box you can select when registering your car to significantly lower the amount you pay for registration but means it is not allowed on the road.

Non-op is a box you can select when registering your car to significantly lower the amount you pay for registration but means it is not allowed on the road.
Must be a California thing. Is it true that in California, if you buy a vehicle that hasn't been registered/tabbed in a few years, you have to pay for all those back-years to put it back on the road? So, if you bought a "field car", you'd be responsible for both current and past registrations?

This is a local version of CL
My wife has Jeep fever and sent me this one. It’s kind of long but the bottom list made me laughme https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5280247

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol this is pretty fantastic

I should start by saying that if you are looking for a “Pajama party Barbie Jeep” you, my friend, should keep looking. If you are looking for a short description of to the beast before you, I can offer you two words “MEAT & POTATOES”. This is the All American chariot of the free world.
You are not dealing with any ordinary, cookie cutter Jeep son. This thing was forged from a single block of all American Tungsten Steel. Real sturdy! From that day forward my life has never been the same. Winch yourself off that couch and see if you can handle this Jeep Wrangler Sahara.
So if you are looking for a rice burning hatch back, a solar powered liberal mobile, or even a Hyundai crossover keep on looking, my friend, this thing is a piece of red white and blue Americana Machinery.
This baby’s pulse is pumping 3.8 liters of uncensored raw fuel through her V6 nuclear power plant.
It has A/C but are you kidding me….Really! If you want to blow the sweat off your brow, you do it the old fashioned way: doors off, top down. “What if it rains?”... I told you to stop reading. . . Any man who drives this beast doesn’t give a sh about rain. Not even skin melting acid rain, Cause he’s already dripping wet in blood, sweat, dip spit, and fish guts.
If you are looking for the kind of jeep that has to be pansy parked in the garage, so the “carpet doesn’t get wet and soggy” Then you should plant your Obama sticker on some cute little import. Cause this thing has drain holes in the floor to let the blood drain out from the buffalo you just killed, with your bare hands. Because you are William Wallace from Braveheart and when you get home you can leave your “sissy sponge glove car wash kit” in the pink bucket it came in. Go ahead and spark up your 6000 psi heated pressure washer on the dually trailer in your man cave, cause you are Tim Gillespie and you can pressure wash your truck on the inside. She’s got a full roll cage in case that buffalo comes back to life while you’re doing 80 over some mountain pass or flooded river.
If you’re thinking about Mexican chrome bumpers for her, think again. The bumper bashers come hand forged in a blacksmith shop in Franklin County over a wood burnin fire, out of 4 inch well casing, and railroad tracks and then I bolted em to the darn chassis. That way if you get deployed you can piggy back this war wagon on a deuce and a half and chain her down tight from the four corners, so you don’t lose her when your convoy gets hit by a taliband roadside suicide bomber.
And forget about putting one of those “It’s a Jeep Thing...You wouldn’t understand” stickers on this machine cause when you’re spotted in this American Classic there will be no questions, no further explanation required, people will understand and get out of your way…real quick.
If you think you’re ready to park this panty hauler on your tract of land. If you buy this jeep you better go get your old lady ready for some dang changes around your lair, cause this will be happening. What will be Happening? Glad you asked….
1. More chest hair.
2. You’re growing a beard.
3. Meat Only Diet.
4. T-Rex for a pet.
5. You’re taking a job at the lumber mill.
6. Your car carries five kegs.
7. Penis enlargement.
8. Catch more fish.
9. Wire bristled toothbrush.
10. Sex in the yard.
11. Sex in the garage.
12. All male offspring.
13. Chiseled jaw line.
14. Not giving a damn.
15. Flesh turning to steel.
16. Higher salary
17. Promotions.
18. Better looking wives.
19. Better looking mistresses.
20. More golfing
21. More killing stuff.
22. More dead animals in the KITCHEN freezer.
23. More tools in your garage.
24. Bigger TV
25. Wife takes out the trash
26. Four Wheel Drive
27. Wife brings trash can in from the road.
28. Wife stops bitching about clothes on the floor.
29. Wife stocks fridge with beer.
30. Chuck Norris.
31. John McCain
32. Steaks for dinner.
33. Winning the Lottery.
34. Women on the side.
35. Wrestling with bea
36. Building shit out of stone.
37. Riding Lawn Mower.
38. Bon Fires in the cul-de-sac.
39. Bar Fights.
40. Wife picks you up from Thee Gentlemen’s Club.
41. Craftsman Tools.
42. Jay Bisset.
43. Welding stuff.
44. Digging holes.
45. Huge Piece of meat.
Put your GPS back in your purse.
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
This jeep has carried me through 66,000 miles of battlefield twice as gruesome as the second half of the movie “300″ ..And just like a trusty steed, this juggernaut has never left me stranded. If you think you’ve worn her out you drag this beast back to me in any condition. And Ill handle the rest.
But if you think you’re going to get to whip this mule you better pony up Nineteen thousand Nine hundred Fifty Dollars... American Cash.
Really though,
66,XXX Miles
Automatic
Lots of aftermarket parts
Lockers
In super good shape
35 inch tires
Aftermarket limited wheels
Winch
LED Headlights
Light bar
Fox Shocks

Lol this is pretty fantastic

I should start by saying that if you are looking for a “Pajama party Barbie Jeep” you, my friend, should keep looking. If you are looking for a short description of to the beast before you, I can offer you two words “MEAT & POTATOES”. This is the All American chariot of the free world.
You are not dealing with any ordinary, cookie cutter Jeep son. This thing was forged from a single block of all American Tungsten Steel. Real sturdy! From that day forward my life has never been the same. Winch yourself off that couch and see if you can handle this Jeep Wrangler Sahara.
So if you are looking for a rice burning hatch back, a solar powered liberal mobile, or even a Hyundai crossover keep on looking, my friend, this thing is a piece of red white and blue Americana Machinery.
This baby’s pulse is pumping 3.8 liters of uncensored raw fuel through her V6 nuclear power plant.
It has A/C but are you kidding me….Really! If you want to blow the sweat off your brow, you do it the old fashioned way: doors off, top down. “What if it rains?”... I told you to stop reading. . . Any man who drives this beast doesn’t give a sh about rain. Not even skin melting acid rain, Cause he’s already dripping wet in blood, sweat, dip spit, and fish guts.
If you are looking for the kind of jeep that has to be pansy parked in the garage, so the “carpet doesn’t get wet and soggy” Then you should plant your Obama sticker on some cute little import. Cause this thing has drain holes in the floor to let the blood drain out from the buffalo you just killed, with your bare hands. Because you are William Wallace from Braveheart and when you get home you can leave your “sissy sponge glove car wash kit” in the pink bucket it came in. Go ahead and spark up your 6000 psi heated pressure washer on the dually trailer in your man cave, cause you are Tim Gillespie and you can pressure wash your truck on the inside. She’s got a full roll cage in case that buffalo comes back to life while you’re doing 80 over some mountain pass or flooded river.
If you’re thinking about Mexican chrome bumpers for her, think again. The bumper bashers come hand forged in a blacksmith shop in Franklin County over a wood burnin fire, out of 4 inch well casing, and railroad tracks and then I bolted em to the darn chassis. That way if you get deployed you can piggy back this war wagon on a deuce and a half and chain her down tight from the four corners, so you don’t lose her when your convoy gets hit by a taliband roadside suicide bomber.
And forget about putting one of those “It’s a Jeep Thing...You wouldn’t understand” stickers on this machine cause when you’re spotted in this American Classic there will be no questions, no further explanation required, people will understand and get out of your way…real quick.
If you think you’re ready to park this panty hauler on your tract of land. If you buy this jeep you better go get your old lady ready for some dang changes around your lair, cause this will be happening. What will be Happening? Glad you asked….
1. More chest hair.
2. You’re growing a beard.
3. Meat Only Diet.
4. T-Rex for a pet.
5. You’re taking a job at the lumber mill.
6. Your car carries five kegs.
7. Penis enlargement.
8. Catch more fish.
9. Wire bristled toothbrush.
10. Sex in the yard.
11. Sex in the garage.
12. All male offspring.
13. Chiseled jaw line.
14. Not giving a damn.
15. Flesh turning to steel.
16. Higher salary
17. Promotions.
18. Better looking wives.
19. Better looking mistresses.
20. More golfing
21. More killing stuff.
22. More dead animals in the KITCHEN freezer.
23. More tools in your garage.
24. Bigger TV
25. Wife takes out the trash
26. Four Wheel Drive
27. Wife brings trash can in from the road.
28. Wife stops bitching about clothes on the floor.
29. Wife stocks fridge with beer.
30. Chuck Norris.
31. John McCain
32. Steaks for dinner.
33. Winning the Lottery.
34. Women on the side.
35. Wrestling with bea
36. Building shit out of stone.
37. Riding Lawn Mower.
38. Bon Fires in the cul-de-sac.
39. Bar Fights.
40. Wife picks you up from Thee Gentlemen’s Club.
41. Craftsman Tools.
42. Jay Bisset.
43. Welding stuff.
44. Digging holes.
45. Huge Piece of meat.
Put your GPS back in your purse.
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
This jeep has carried me through 66,000 miles of battlefield twice as gruesome as the second half of the movie “300″ ..And just like a trusty steed, this juggernaut has never left me stranded. If you think you’ve worn her out you drag this beast back to me in any condition. And Ill handle the rest.
But if you think you’re going to get to whip this mule you better pony up Nineteen thousand Nine hundred Fifty Dollars... American Cash.
Really though,
66,XXX Miles
Automatic
Lots of aftermarket parts
Lockers
In super good shape
35 inch tires
Aftermarket limited wheels
Winch
LED Headlights
Light bar
Fox Shocks

“All male offspring “ hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be a California thing. Is it true that in California, if you buy a vehicle that hasn't been registered/tabbed in a few years, you have to pay for all those back-years to put it back on the road? So, if you bought a "field car", you'd be responsible for both current and past registrations?

Yes, if you buy a car that has not been registered for a few years and you try to register, you are responsible for all the registration fees AND penalties. So it can add up. Typically if a car hasn't been registered for like 12 years it will fall off the system and you take it in for a vin inspection and pay current fees and your good to go! Non-Op is when you pay a small fee once (Planned non-Operation) and that basically puts your registration on hold until your ready to drive it again, then you just pay current registration fees that are pro rated for the current year based on the original registration month.

clear as mud!?

Reactions: Squatch
Yes, if you buy a car that has not been registered for a few years and you try to register, you are responsible for all the registration fees AND penalties. So it can add up. Typically if a car hasn't been registered for like 12 years it will fall off the system and you take it in for a vin inspection and pay current fees and your good to go! Non-Op is when you pay a small fee once (Planned non-Operation) and that basically puts your registration on hold until your ready to drive it again, then you just pay current registration fees that are pro rated for the current year based on the original registration month.

clear as mud!?
Wow! They'll get ya at every turn, won't they? Thanks for the 'splanation, Lucy! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.