Oh @AndyG...... remember this.

John Cooper

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
7172BD14-BD78-4B79-90F7-5B0E38279B44.jpeg

20231118_123010.jpg

Remember how we talked about the rear wheel studs being shorter than the front.

Some folks wanted to argue. The fronts you can see a little of the studs coming through the nut on the spacer
20240321_194932.jpg

Well the rear doesn't come through all the way......

20240321_200147.jpg

@AndyG you were correct, I think it's due, like you said, the difference in the thickness of the disc and drums on the rear brakes

With factory disc brakes and factory rims that came with the Rubicon the rear lug studs already don't go all the way through the lug nuts. Most only notice because they're using open ended lug nuts. Is this something that's only a concern with spacers?

With factory disc brakes and factory rims that came with the Rubicon the rear lug studs already don't go all the way through the lug nuts. Most only notice because they're using open ended lug nuts. Is this something that's only a concern with spacers?

No- any Rubicon needs deep reach rear lug nuts or longer studs- you need all the purchase you can get. Trust me.

Reactions: John Cooper
No- any Rubicon needs deep reach rear lug nuts or longer studs- you need all the purchase you can get. Trust me.

What about the 50k miles it went down the road without the longer wheel studs? Need all the purchase, what do you mean? Not trying to be snarky I'm just genuinely confused about the lug stud length and whether it really effects anything if it doesn't clear the lug nut. I will get ET lug nuts to give me peace of mind if nothing else even though I just replaced all 23 lug nuts and torqued them to spec.

What about the 50k miles it went down the road without the longer wheel studs? Need all the purchase, what do you mean? Not trying to be snarky I'm just genuinely confused about the lug stud length and whether it really effects anything if it doesn't clear the lug nut. I will get ET lug nuts to give me peace of mind if nothing else even though I just replaced all 23 lug nuts and torqued them to spec.

How about the 1 foot it didn’t.