Oh Sgt Maj (E-9), you make me laugh.

NDSpeed

Resident Penguin Eradicator
Supporting Member
So I’m slouching in the office leaning against a desk. Commander is in his office sitting at his desk, 1Sgt at his. And about four field grades are milling about. Along with a gaggle of company grade officers.
So all in all. One Enlisted in the office as an E-8.

Door opens and an E-5 walks in and announces at ease so the Sgt Major can walk in. This guy is such a clown that he rips into the 1SGT for about 20 minutes as to why no one moved for him. Can’t blame the E-5 either, you know that wouldn’t go over well if he didn’t call the room.

I’m all for respecting the rank, but still that only goes so far. There are folks that will get it, This one never will.

Reactions: Chris
Lulz. The E-5 did a good job. Ol' Sgt Maj sounds fun to be around. That's why I like the USAF reserves, it mostly goes like "oh hey Craig", or "how's it going Steph." Then we blow shit up with airplanes & call it a day.

Reactions: NDSpeed
When you only come around the hangar once a year.

Doesn’t mean you get to ride in on your high horse.

Yeah, some of them dudes like to get their rocks off that way. USAF not so much, but I've seen it happen.

The reserves is just a mess with this shit when we mix it up with AD, especially the ones that never came from AD or spent time in integrated units. We had some combined squadron call awhile back for a predepoloyment or whatever the hell, the wing commander O-6 is on his way over. Everyone's lined up in the hangar, I'm standing next to the hallway with some of his staff & my own Captain (former enlisted, been reserves his whole life, also weird). One of the staff looks to cap & says, "sir, would you mind calling the area to attention when the colonel enters the hallway? Three minutes." He says "sure".

Then he immediately whispers to me "how do I call the room to attention? I've never done it."

I say, ".......what?"

Cap says, "How do I do it"

"Uh, you just call the hangar to attention. Are you for real cap?"

"Okay, so just say like area tench hut or something?"

"Well, it's squadron tench hut, and loud enough for all 200 people to hear."

"Okay, do I salute him?"

"No, we're fucking indoors."

"Can you just do it?"

".......what?"

"I'm serious, can you just do it? I'll do it next time."

"Holy shit you are serious. Okay fine man, whatever. Don't worry about it."

That shit made my day.

So our Battalion commander (O-5) just walked in. Still nothing from our gaggle of company officers.

I walked out and said come on guys. That IS the one person you stand up and call the room to attention for.

😆

• Haha
Reactions: qslim
We have an e9 here who got so mad when I asked, “does this 2nd LT who I just explained how to do [insert menial task] really outrank you”?

Life as a non-prior service GS is always lolzy

• Haha
Reactions: NDSpeed