Oil Leak

Bkspear

TJ Enthusiast
Just came back from running an errand and noticed white smoke, popped the hood and see alot of oil around the engine. Its actually pooling up on top of the engine where the spark plugs are and then dripping down. Any ideas why oil seems to be leaking from the top of the engine? I have a 2006 with a 2.4L by the way. Thanks.

Just came back from running an errand and noticed white smoke, popped the hood and see alot of oil around the engine. Its actually pooling up on top of the engine where the spark plugs are and then dripping down. Any ideas why oil seems to be leaking from the top of the engine? I have a 2006 with a 2.4L by the way. Thanks.
I had a leak, all my valve cover gasket bolts were loose and tightning them stopped the leak.

Was the 'white smoke' coming from the engine or the tailpipe?

How does a burst radiator cause oil to pool on top of the engine? :unsure:
He said “white smoke” which is not indicative of burning oil, but rather burning coolant. I am questioning his identification of the liquid on top of the engine.