Oil level with 1"MML

Jorge Bolivar

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The Unlimited has a 1"MML installed on the 4.0. Yesterday when add the oil during the oil change I do notice the oil level been slight lower(between the dots) after has 6 entire Quarts on it. Prefer to run on the lower side and not overfill but little curious.
Did someone else experiment similar issue?
Assuming it will be normal due the new motor level, how much lower will be OK?

Shouldn't change your oil level at all, unless the motor mounts move the engine to a different incline. When you install motor mounts, the whole engine raises. Anything internal (like oil level) raises with it. If the back of the engine is tipped back more with the lift, and the dipstick is in front though, you might have a lower reading.

Reactions: Jorge Bolivar
Shouldn't change your oil level at all, unless the motor mounts move the engine to a different incline. When you install motor mounts, the whole engine raises. Anything internal (like oil level) raises with it. If the back of the engine is tipped back more with the lift, and the dipstick is in front though, you might have a lower reading.

Motor raises but the incline angle change as I did not raise Trany Mount that what's trigger my curiosity. I recheck and looks fine little bit below the top dot.
Thanks for your input!