Oil "seepage"

egclassic

TJ Enthusiast
I have been tracking down a small oil leak, more of a seepage, and I'm sure I just have the common RMS leak that TJ's are known for. Do RMS's leak only during normal operation, or will they leak even if the jeep just sits?
Can't really tell if the oil level while parked is just below the RMS or even with it.

Double check the bolts on the valve cover and the oil pan. A leaky valve cover running down the back of the engine looks like a leaky RMS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have been tracking down a small oil leak, more of a seepage, and I'm sure I just have the common RMS leak that TJ's are known for. Do RMS's leak only during normal operation, or will they leak even if the jeep just sits?
Can't really tell if the oil level while parked is just below the RMS or even with it.
You didn't indicated where the seepage is.. several on here have 'fixed ' their RMS leak by replacing the valve cover gasket. Could that b where the seepage is ?

Already replaced valve cover gasket last year with the fel-pro gasket, after a couple days I re-torqued the fasteners, I will check them again.
I know one drop of oil can migrate away from the source and look worse than it is. I noticed the front lip of my oil pan, just under the pulley, looks "moist". I just snugged the front oil pan bolts and wiped it clean.
Not overly concerned with the leak as it "usually" never shows on the garage floor, but yesterday there was a drop or two of oil under the jeep.
It is not my daily driver, I just like to catch things before they get bad. Apparently some here have had their RMS leak return even after it's been replaced.
Last night, I sprayed the under carriage with a degreaser, and hosed it off. Hopefully I will find the source.