Okay is this weird?

My first vehicle fresh out of Grade 12 was a 1952 M38. I loved it but the underwater capability was daunting..... It was the best vehicle ever for me. My next vehicle was a 1970 Trans Am.... 455, 4 speed.... same thing, In love.... until insurance came due... I'm still there, 40 years wiser, I love to go camping and take pictures by the lake. Or, at 63, look out the window at my TJR parked in the driveway. Thankfully my wife is a vehicle junkie too.

I look for ridiculous reasons to drive mine .
Anything ..need ice?

Honey , let's go check on your mom

Do you need me to go get corn starch? I love to go get corn starch.

Let's pay the water bill.

I even pull pics up on my phone when I'm bored.

I park next to other Jeeps.

I Jeep wave .

I think about it when I go to sleep.

I compare it to every Jeep I see.

They are short wheel base , stiff , hard to get into , the spare blocks my rear vision, the gas mileage is bad, they are as aerodynamic as a refrigerator box, there is no leg room in back, they are expensive , we get rained on ...and God willing I will always have one.
That is well put @AndyG , if I might add one small component, not only God willing but also $$$$ willing.. :-/ :) :-/

I get that feeling every time I walk out to the parking lot after work. As mere mortals hit their clickers to unlock their rice burners, I stick my key in the door and turn it. As I climb in, with my head high above their rooftops I take in the view. I glance at the interior, then the hood, then put the key in the ignition and start her up. If they only knew what they were missing! Sometimes they get a glimpse as I plow over the speed bumps that they have to slow down to a crawl to get over. If they are really lucky, the get to ride with me to lunch. Those that do always tell me the story of how they almost got a jeep. The after a few minutes you can see the looks on their faces as they realize how much they regret not having ever done so.

When I worked in Los Angeles and they were filming "CHiPs" in our office, I parked my Jeep (yellow 1974 CJ-5) in the parking lot. When they were filming the episode "Super Bike", they drove the motocycle right towards my Jeep then made a right turn. I always liked looking at my Jeep. Now it was on "CHiPs" for ALL to see. :)

When I worked in Los Angeles and they were filming "CHiPs" in our office, I parked my Jeep (yellow 1974 CJ-5) in the parking lot. When they were filming the episode "Super Bike", they drove the motocycle right towards my Jeep then made a right turn. I always liked looking at my Jeep. Now it was on "CHiPs" for ALL to see. :)
I'll have to keep watch for that...they play those re-runs all the time here

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I look for ridiculous reasons to drive mine .
Anything ..need ice?

Honey , let's go check on your mom

Do you need me to go get corn starch? I love to go get corn starch.

Let's pay the water bill.

I even pull pics up on my phone when I'm bored.

I park next to other Jeeps.

I Jeep wave .

I think about it when I go to sleep.

I compare it to every Jeep I see.

They are short wheel base , stiff , hard to get into , the spare blocks my rear vision, the gas mileage is bad, they are as aerodynamic as a refrigerator box, there is no leg room in back, they are expensive , we get rained on ...and God willing I will always have one.
Can I get an amen!?

I literally burst out laughing at this. CHIPS, classic stuff C! Nice work...

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I’m always double taking at my Jeep. I still stop and admire it. And I often think, “that thing needs to be out in the trail, and she’s all cooped up in the garage.” I also feel sorry for people driving their boring vehicles around like pawns stuck in the matrix. Every morning I relish that 7 mile drive with the wind in my hair, leg out the door and either peace and quiet or some good music. It primes me for the day.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, trust me, I’ve been there!

I’m always double taking at my Jeep. I still stop and admire it. And I often think, “that thing needs to be out in the trail, and she’s all cooped up in the garage.” I also feel sorry for people driving their boring vehicles around like pawns stuck in the matrix. Every morning I relish that 7 mile drive with the wind in my hair, leg out the door and either peace and quiet or some good music. It primes me for the day.

Life is too short to drive boring vehicles, trust me, I’ve been there!
Amen! That's good preachin brother! :)

Reactions: JMT
giphy.gif

Were on a mission from god ...lol

It's a diffrent world when I drive mine. It's the freedom of a motorcycle without the fear maybe.

It really is more about the journey than the destination.