OME 2” lift questions

Philip

I’m trying to finish a few projects on the Jeep. One is installing an OME 2” lift thats been sitting on a shelf for quite awhile. Do the springs labeled “A” go on the drivers side, and the springs labeled “B” go on the passenger side? Should I just get an adjustable track bar (they’re not that expensive)? Is a one inch MML good enough for driveline alignment?

sorry if I’m beating a dead horse.

Philip

Regarding the trackbars, I would only bother if I saw that the axle appeared misaligned, or if it caused issues. At 2" of lift, it isn't needed, but it certainly won't hurt. A trackbar relocation bracket would be just as effective in the rear.

Generally for the front, adjustable trackbars are used instead of relocation brackets because trackbar relocation brackets require the use of drop pitman arms.

As to the MML, it may or may not be enough. Chances are it will be. At 2" of lift, you're not likely to create any severe driveline angles, so it probably should be sufficient. Whatever you do, make sure you align the transfer case and pinion to the correct type of driveshaft that you have.

Assuming you have a stock rear driveshaft, the transfer case centerline and pinion centerline should be parallel.
2joint_angle.gif

An aftermarket driveshaft will need to be set up differently:
cv_angle.gif

If there are issues, they will generally present as a low rumble or pulsing vibration. You won't see the vibrations, but you'll hear them, and the mirror may go blurry if they're powerful enough. But at 2" of lift, if they even do exist, they'll likely be minor. Chances are you will be fine.

I’m trying to finish a few projects on the Jeep. One is installing an OME 2” lift thats been sitting on a shelf for quite awhile. Do the springs labeled “A” go on the drivers side, and the springs labeled “B” go on the passenger side? Should I just get an adjustable track bar (they’re not that expensive)? Is a one inch MML good enough for driveline alignment?

sorry if I’m beating a dead horse.

Philip
I installed the same kit last May. Couldn't find the directions to verify, but I believe the taller front spring goes on the driver side (more weight to offset with the driver there) and if one of the rear springs is taller than the other, it goes on the right rear, opposite of the taller one in front.

As for MML, I didn't experience any vibrations after the lift, so I didn't install one. My TJ wound up getting just over 2.5"of lift as it's light (soft top, factory bumpers, no winch and 31" spare). From what I've read here, not all TJ's are alike, so one may experience vibes while another may not, but general consensus is that at 2", odds are you probably won't.

I chose to install adjustable track bars on both the front and rear to make sure the geometry was 100% on.

From ARBs website about these springs:

SPECIFICATIONS

A/B Fitment

As a general rule, the A springs have a higher free height than the B coils. This is to allow the fitter to compensate for driver weight, aftermarket accessories, vehicle weight distribution, and chassis twist. We suggest taking measurements at each corner before fitting the new suspension components. This will allow for more accurate A/B fitment.

In vehicles with front and rear A/B springs, most of these vehicles will be happiest with an A coil fitted to the front, driver corner and the opposite rear, passenger corner. In vehicles with only rear A/B springs, most will end up with the A spring on the rear, driver corner.

It must be understood that due to the A/B variation, the first spring selection may result in the vehicle to be unlevel. If this is the case, swapping spring locations is necessary before trying other trimming methods

Reactions: Fouledplugs