One has got to know their limitations

bucky

Old Fart
Supporting Member
3 die trying to cross river.
1703964109216.jpeg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/12/28/river-esk-men-dead-4x4-storm-gerrit-north-yorkshire/

Been there done that.

Recovering people from submerged vehicles is pretty nasty, especially if the vehicle is full of mud.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
The Range Rover must have started rolling and made it impossible to get out, at least for them. Sad and preventable.

Last edited:
Definitely sad. I do always wonder what these people were thinking, and why the passengers are willing to go along for the ride. If I was a passenger and didn't like the looks of a water crossing, I would get out. Maybe tell them to drive across. If they live, come back and get me.

Reactions: CreepinDeth
The power of water in motion.

The Coast Guard use to roll their boats here off the South Jetty of Tillamook Bay, Oregon in the 80's and 90's. It's really something to watch, hydraulics are a powerful force!

Not on purpose.

Yes, on purpose. They were doing training exercises and the boats were designed to right themselves within 30 seconds. All the crewmen are strapped in for the ride. The Coast Guard would do it many times setting up broadside ready to capsize.