One hell of a deal on a clean TJ Rubicon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big plastic guy holding the burger. It’s a fast food restaurant
3392B0D1-E6FC-48ED-8ED0-5AB7A8756B94.jpeg

Reactions: Starrs
Ohhh! I'd never heard of it before. They don't have those here on the West Coast.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
Yes. They did. It was called Bob's Big Boy. It may still be around. But I haven't seen one in years.

That is a seriously good deal on that Jeep. Makes me sick I don't have 12k.

Interesting, shows what I know! I've seen that mascot before, I just didn't know what it was for.

That is a good deal though, you're right!

Interesting, shows what I know! I've seen that mascot before, I just didn't know what it was for.

That is a good deal though, you're right!

Didn't mean to sound so snarky. I just thought it was amazing that you'd never heard of Bob's Big Boy. It was a pretty famous chain up thru the 80's and 90's. Even into the 2000's. They were all over socal. And WA. I remember more than one in Seattle.

That Jeep gives me hope. Seems like prices are coming down. I got a good deal on mine. But it's a TLC model. lol. I wish I had had the time to save up another 5k and buy something like this.

Reactions: Chris
Didn't mean to sound so snarky. I just thought it was amazing that you'd never heard of Bob's Big Boy. It was a pretty famous chain up thru the 80's and 90's. Even into the 2000's. They were all over socal. And WA. I remember more than one in Seattle.

That Jeep gives me hope. Seems like prices are coming down. I got a good deal on mine. But it's a TLC model. lol. I wish I had had the time to save up another 5k and buy something like this.

Yeah, I guess I just hadn't heard of it. At least now I know, so no worries!

Pretty sure one of those places was in a movie... perhaps it was Mulholland Drive.

The prices of TJs are coming down significantly, largely due in part because of the release of the JL and Gladiator.

Yes. They did. It was called Bob's Big Boy. It may still be around. But I haven't seen one in years.

There’s still one on Firestone Blvd in Downey 👌I think on Tuesday nights a bunch of classic cars show up.

I'd pass on it. In the detailed photos, it shows a lot of rust peaking out of the frame and body. And look at the ground and tires, it's literally dripping with salt.
On a side note, I'd take a look at that K5, but probably the same cover up.

Reactions: Starrs

They were called Vip's Big Boy in NM when they were around years ago. Same character holding up a burger.

I'd pass on it. In the detailed photos, it shows a lot of rust peaking out of the frame and body. And look at the ground and tires, it's literally dripping with salt.
On a side note, I'd take a look at that K5, but probably the same cover up.
I saw the same. Paint bubbling around hinges/tailgate, and rear quarter. Price is nice for what your getting, but rust is near.

Reactions: alittleoff
Upon further inspection, there is indeed paint bubbling on the body that I didn't see the first time. My guess is they sanded down the frame very well and spray painted it throughly.

Reactions: alittleoff
Upon further inspection, there is indeed paint bubbling on the body that I didn't see the first time. My guess is they sanded down the frame very well and spray painted it throughly.
Some pics show it running down the frame. Like the new pic btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.