One piece at a time TJ

CreepinJeepin

Well my buddy was right they make anything for a wrangler.

Plan is to make a simple basic light off road toy. Something that can be driven on pvement and dirt.

Anyways the first thing I did was make a
Foot Peg...

Now the BS part is here. Rear axle pinion seal is leaking. So gonna take the yoke off tomorrow before work and replace it. Already have the seal, just gonna paint mark it and align it all back up.

Reactions: JMT
Well my buddy was right they make anything for a wrangler.

Plan is to make a simple basic light off road toy. Something that can be driven on pvement and dirt.

Anyways the first thing I did was make a
Foot Peg...

Now the BS part is here. Rear axle pinion seal is leaking. So gonna take the yoke off tomorrow before work and replace it. Already have the seal, just gonna paint mark it and align it all back up.
@Dave made me a foot peg as well. Does yours look something like this? I’m hoping my pinion seal isn’t leaking. Were you having drips on the cement that clued you in?
EDD9C5FC-2F96-4D2B-AFF7-B727D5C25609.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
No I laid under it to see what axles I have as I pulled the build sheet for my Jeep and it says it’s a 5 spd 2.5 Jeep, well it has a 4.0 with COP ignition which as far as I know was started in 2000. So got me curious. It hasn’t left a mark anywhere. Popped the fill plug and with my left trigger finger in to the second knuckle, the fluid comes all the way up to the top of my first knuckle so it’s slow.

Sprayed it off and drove to work (26 Miles) and it was oily again. Gonna examin and see if it’s coming between seal and yoke or seal and housing. I say seal and yoke.

When I get home I’ll post pics of my foot peg. Welded it up at work.

So replaced rear pinion seal. Cleaned up the yoke to help promote a good seal, packed the seal with grease to help keep the spring in place. Thus far have drove it up to the cemetery, and across town to the Walmart and I am hearing no whining or “whistling”
Like noises from the rear end...

Give a heart attack to some if detailed my procedure...

6DE5775F-4216-4D24-8B06-9BABF8433A6D.jpeg

4C2FBE80-9592-4CBB-A19D-B4E1B797B4F1.jpeg

D3A9ADA1-F7C7-4BF7-B9A3-F769A1FCBBE5.jpeg

CC45753E-26D7-4B3F-9D62-BD5F2FF2D75B.jpeg

450B41F7-5427-4F48-9374-69811BE4ED60.jpeg

FFAA306A-FE6D-4B3B-88FA-4BCCCC92B8C0.jpeg

FFAE27B8-9E34-45E4-937D-3B10989C6F2D.jpeg

BE407C4F-58F7-4CB9-B7EF-6220A4E54BD7.jpeg

2ACF704F-DB4D-466E-AD13-51025372ECFE.jpeg

EAB7F88A-DD4F-453A-927F-58A25E9FDBD1.jpeg

So replaced rear pinion seal. Cleaned up the yoke to help promote a good seal, packed the seal with grease to help keep the spring in place. Thus far have drove it up to the cemetery, and across town to the Walmart and I am hearing no whining or “whistling”
Like noises from the rear end...

Give a heart attack to some if detailed my procedure...
So was the seal shot? Looks like quite the procedure but glad it’s working for you. I might not have taken my first ride to the cemetery. :eek:.

Yeah cause since I have replaced it, it hasn’t leaked any but it’s only got 10 miles on it. Big test will be when I leave for work later that’s a 26 mile trip.

Thanks, I had the guys in fabrication get the metal for me, used one of the machinists dial caliper to find bolts to use. Fabricated the drivers side up, and haven’t had time to fabricate the passengers side one yet.

Cemetery is my best choice cause it’s a mile from the house and it is where my mother rests so get two things done at once.

Yeah, been surprised to not have noise cause all I did was impact it back on and checked play with my hand and did it like a wheel bearing tightened it till it was tight and took effort to move then just back it off a tad.

So she did good on the way to work. No noises that were out of place. Decided to snap a quick pic of the highway I drive daily to work.
91A323D6-509F-4FED-A068-8F41EF7001C9.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
So I am looking into getting rid of the donkey dick of a COP system on my 4.0. I have came across the article and am going to read and figure it out. The idea is to use a 6 plug pack off a viper. Make diagnostic easier and they naturally are a hotter coil and there are hotter coils available. I will keep you all updated as I figure it out.

Here is a link
https://www.jeepstrokers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2756

The long coil pack on the 4.0 referred to by XJ guys as the donkey dick.

Looks like it can be a simple plug and play.

Reactions: TJ2
Well I ordered some paramount fenders to install on my Jeep and the Jeep needs a paint job.

Was originally gonna do a CARC job but decided to do Enamel. Got some clear coming and a ton of metal flake and pearl. Here is a half ass test piece

Once it’s all metallic and pearl and cleared gonna put a Silver Eagle Decal kit on it.

More pictures as thing progress
991E327E-FD7E-4256-91CC-4E3038F0E01D.jpeg

C2984884-855F-4516-84B4-0398715343BA.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
I'm not sure I'm familiar with Paramount fenders. Got any photos of what they look like?