Opinions on this Jeep please

If you find one anywhere near Richmond (I'm about 1,5 hours from Broad st.) , I have no problem with taking a drive to check it out for/with you, Hell, I might bring cash and have Jeep #20.;)
I will definitely keep you posted, I appreciate it - the more eyes the better ;)

Here's something that a guy that ran a salvage yard said to me one time..... Once you buy the vehicle and start putting money into it and are trying to get it going then you're in the game... And if you decide to get out of the game you lose all your money.. so you have to keep putting money in and trying to figure out if the game is going to end before you run out of money.

This is the thing that scares me, I don't even know how the prices can get up to 10-16k. It's all just artificial. Because like I was saying me and my family go to the local dealer auctions, and there seems to be almost no inflation/significant price difference when the TJs are going through the auction block. Granted that doesn't happen very often lol, maybe once a month. But the dealers seem to treat them as not much different than another truck or car of similar mileage or year. I saw a TJ with 81k miles, 2006 6 spd, zero rust on it, bone stock, sell for 6500 on a blind bid. Granted it had a cel and they didn't have the code written because the staff was going through changes that month. But I'm willing to bet it wasn't a big deal and even still worth it compared to the private market. That was one of the highest bids I've seen on any 97-06. They usually top out at 5500 if it's a 2002, 150k miles, no rust. With any other used car obviously you have to worry about getting it up to speed, making sure it's not gonna have any issues etc. But with the fb marketplace prices and the murder going on there, it seems any beat up tj from the auction has a future if the price is right.

I often wonder when my luck will run out, or how soon will the day come when I go the auction and there just aren't any left.

View attachment 219012

View attachment 219013
I totally agree - the prices are totally just what people are willing to pay for them and (maybe unfortunately) I'm probably in that group - as a new buyer who doesn't know enough (IMO) to hunt the auctions. But hey, that seems like some great deals at the auctions!

(!) WARNING what you are about to see is for mature audiences only(!) Viewer discretion is advised. Keep a paper bag on hand.

20200423_151617.jpg

20200427_173522.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Jlin17
Holy cow... *crosses chest*. That's an *impressive* amount of rust xD
Mxz's post is like the doctor saying "You have cancer but thank god we found it just in time".

My post is like "You know you've had cancer for years right??"

• Haha
My 2006 TJ with 104k miles has a check engine for a minor reason, I believe evap but not sure. Unfortunately it's on and off and the last time I scanned it was so long ago I already lost the code I wrote down. :whistle:

I never knew you could cycle the key to get the code. That's a life saver since scanners aren't allowed in the lot.
I thought you'd like that at sales.

we all should be held suspect for even fooling with a vehicle that will check its own codes... That should tell us something. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 97' 4 Popper
What
If you find one anywhere near Richmond (I'm about 1,5 hours from Broad st.) , I have no problem with taking a drive to check it out for/with you, Hell, I might bring cash and have Jeepjus

If you find one anywhere near Richmond (I'm about 1,5 hours from Broad st.) , I have no problem with taking a drive to check it out for/with you, Hell, I might bring cash and have Jeep #20.;)
Just came across this one - what do you think? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/892094511528430/?ref=facebook_story_share

Everyone else welcome to chime in also, I asked for more pics, I'll upload them if he sends them over.

• Haha
Photos of the LJ for those interested, I personally think it's a bit overpriced (asking $14,900 - "pretty firm") and is it just me, or does the rust on the skid plate (or rather what the skid plate could be hiding) and the u-joint look a bit sus? Open to feedback and advice as always, thanks!

Screenshot_20210118-184659.png

Screenshot_20210118-184656.png

Screenshot_20210118-184652.png

Screenshot_20210118-184650.png

Screenshot_20210118-184646.png

Screenshot_20210118-184643.png

Screenshot_20210118-184640.png

Screenshot_20210118-184637.png

Looks okay to me, in one of the pictures you can see inside the frame there's a little rust, it would be a good idea to run an endoscope through. The area between the frame and main belly skid plate doesn't seem too bad from just looking at the outside. Normally it would look really flaky if it was rusting out. Overall seems like the paint on the frame is just starting to fade from being on there a long while.

Also unless you really want an LJ vs a TJ I would steer away. He's pushing for north of 14k only because its a low mileage LJ.

I bought this. It's worth the 50 bucks I think if you're willing to wrestle around with it a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KF2LNN8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Looks okay to me, in one of the pictures you can see inside the frame there's a little rust, it would be a good idea to run an endoscope through. The area between the frame and main belly skid plate doesn't seem too bad from just looking at the outside. Normally it would look really flaky if it was rusting out. Overall seems like the paint on the frame is just starting to fade from being on there a long while.

Also unless you really want an LJ vs a TJ I would steer away. He's pushing for north of 14k only because its a low mileage LJ.

I bought this. It's worth the 50 bucks I think if you're willing to wrestle around with it a bit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KF2LNN8/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah, I figured - the LJ's seem to go for at least $3k more.

You can get a nice LJ for under $12,000. That one is priced too high IMO. To put in in perspective, I paid $9500 for my 03' Rubicon when it was stock. It was a Texas Jeep, owned by retired military who moved to Washington D C.

Rubi 6 9 2 (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Rubi frame paint 1.jpg

Last edited:
Photos of the LJ for those interested, I personally think it's a bit overpriced (asking $14,900 - "pretty firm") and is it just me, or does the rust on the skid plate (or rather what the skid plate could be hiding) and the u-joint look a bit sus? Open to feedback and advice as always, thanks!

View attachment 219137

View attachment 219138

View attachment 219139

View attachment 219140

View attachment 219141

View attachment 219142

View attachment 219143

View attachment 219144
Suzy Boggess had a hit song - drive south. Download and listen to it over and over.

There is a difference in the girls you meet at a strip club and at church.

Those aren't pictures of nice girls you are posting.

There are tons of clean title , nice TJ's for well under 15,000, and some nice ones under 10,000 if you look hard.

Avoid 4 cylinders and post all you want to post...get on webejeeping.com and click on Jeep TJs...he's not the cheapest, and he's not getting the jewels he used to as often, but the ones he has listed are good examples of clean. The white LS swap he has is an anamoly.

Last edited:
Suzy Boggess had a hit song - drive south. Download and listen to it over and over.

There is a difference in the girls you meet at a strip club and at church.

Those aren't pictures of nice girls you are posting.

There are tons of clean title , nice TJ's for well under 15,000, and some nice ones under 10,000 if you look hard.

Avoid 4 cylinders and post all you want to post...get on webejeeping.com and click on Jeep TJs...he's not the cheapest, and he's not getting the jewels he used to as often, but the ones he has listed are good examples of clean. The white LS swap he has an anamoly.
Great website, I will keep an eye out on here thanks!