Opposite Side Turnsignal Hyper Flash

Ginnger13

I'm new here but through searching I haven't been able to find another thread here like this. I just replaced my front turn signals with LEDs when I installed the Genright HiLine Flares. Now when I hit the left turn signal I get the left turn signal flashing normally, but the right running lights also flash but with Hyper flash, along with the license plate light. when I signal right the right rear turn signal flashes normally, but the left running lights also flash but with Hyper flash, along with the license plate light. When I turn the headlights on this stops in the rear but the front running lights continue at hyper flash. The front turn signals are not flashing under any of the above conditions

I changed out the flasher relay with the one Genright sells when I did the rear turn signals, and everything worked fine then. I've checked with a multimeter and everything seems to be wired up correctly, and the front turn signals are getting power when they are supposed to. I have tried a different set of LED front turn signals and still have this issue. I have been through and checked every fuse in both fuse blocks.

This is in a 2005 LJ

I'm new here but through searching I haven't been able to find another thread here like this. I just replaced my front turn signals with LEDs when I installed the Genright HiLine Flares. Now when I hit the left turn signal I get the left turn signal flashing normally, but the right running lights also flash but with Hyper flash, along with the license plate light. when I signal right the right rear turn signal flashes normally, but the left running lights also flash but with Hyper flash, along with the license plate light. When I turn the headlights on this stops in the rear but the front running lights continue at hyper flash. The front turn signals are not flashing under any of the above conditions

I changed out the flasher relay with the one Genright sells when I did the rear turn signals, and everything worked fine then. I've checked with a multimeter and everything seems to be wired up correctly, and the front turn signals are getting power when they are supposed to. I have tried a different set of LED front turn signals and still have this issue. I have been through and checked every fuse in both fuse blocks.

This is in a 2005 LJ

Get rid of that GCD flasher and install a LM470 from Novita. You can get it at Amazon/Autozone/Napa.

Get rid of that GCD flasher and install a LM470 from Novita. You can get it at Amazon/Autozone/Napa.

Ok, Stopped by Autozone on my way home today and picked that up. now when the headlights are off it's the same, only the side that is supposed to be signaling's front marker light doesn't hyper flash. When the headlights are on the rear turn signals don't work at all.

Ok, Stopped by Autozone on my way home today and picked that up. now when the headlights are off it's the same, only the side that is supposed to be signaling's front marker light doesn't hyper flash. When the headlights are on the rear turn signals don't work at all.

A little confused with what you are saying here .. your earlier post was clear to read. It seems the issues got worse in a different way?

The next thing to try would be to disconnect one each of the front and front side markers in the front (pick one side to start with) and turn on the headlights/markers and methodically check what happens in each case. That might give you a clue as to what needs to be fxed/changed.

Reactions: Ocho
Yup, Made the issue worse in a different way. I've tried removing both of the new front LEDs and I am getting the same issue with the left side marker and tail lights hyper flashing when signaling right and vice versa. I've now removed all of the turn signals from the jeep and left the front marker lights, and am still getting the opposite side hyper flash while signaling. When I hit the hazards I get hyper flash on both side markers. Could I just have bad timing, and my Multi-Function Switch went out at the same time?

Yup, Made the issue worse in a different way. I've tried removing both of the new front LEDs and I am getting the same issue with the left side marker and tail lights hyper flashing when signaling right and vice versa. I've now removed all of the turn signals from the jeep and left the front marker lights, and am still getting the opposite side hyper flash while signaling. When I hit the hazards I get hyper flash on both side markers. Could I just have bad timing, and my Multi-Function Switch went out at the same time?

Something else is going on to be causing that. I apologize for recommending you to get the LM470 (but it is certainly the right flasher to use) .

Hopefully folks more experienced with electrical issues will pop in to help diagnose your issues.