Order of operations

Mhass

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Time for some major surgery.
I picked up a couple axles and all the parts to regear and upgrade to a super 35.
Just dropped off my axles at the sandblaster for cleanup before I rebuild them.
They should be ready for pick up on the 26th, then I'll have em in the workshop for rebuild, re-gear, rear locker install and paint.
When they're done I have a new T-case with cable shifter, new gas tank skidplate, all new u-joints, RMS, pan and valve cover gasket all standing by for install.
I'm planning on pulling my old axles, gas tank, t-case, in that order.
Brakes, steering gear and control arms are already done. All upgraded and brand new. I have some minor wiring to do, then reinstall essentially in reverse order, bleed the brakes and finish minor details.
I plan to measure for a new rear driveshaft and order immediately.
I'm pretty sure that will eat all the time I have before I lose the use of my daughter's car (sending her and the wife to Italy for Christmas).

Any harm in driving the Jeep as a front wheel drive for a few days while I wait on the rear shaft? Max about 16 mile round trip commute.
Adams says they can ship next day which means a few days tops and nothing over 8 miles.
Any flaws in my outline?
Anything other low hanging fruit I should address while I've got it torn down to parade rest?

Any harm in driving the Jeep as a front wheel drive for a few days while I wait on the rear shaft? Max about 16 mile round trip commute.

In November, I drove a week with only a front DS when I sent my rear DS to Tom Wood. There were no issues.

Reactions: Mhass
So, if your bearings are being stubborn and you have a 5 foot stick of 1" galvanized pipe handy and a coupler, you can convince em out.
Slide the pipe through to the diff opening thread the coupler on and smack the end with a 4 lb hammer. The bearing and seal will surrender pretty quick.

20231231_191230.jpg

20231231_192429.jpg

So, if your bearings are being stubborn and you have a 5 foot stick of 1" galvanized pipe handy and a coupler, you can convince em out.
Slide the pipe through to the diff opening thread the coupler on and smack the end with a 4 lb hammer. The bearing and seal will surrender pretty quick.

View attachment 487210

View attachment 487211

This looks like something a Plumber would do :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: