Ordered 5 Walker Evans Legend II wheels. Thoughts from those who have them.

They look great! One of my favorite wheels. I‘ve almost bought them a number of times. I was after a gunmetal with black accents, but I believe they are no longer available. Sold out and not making more.
Making more, just not making many. Have to get on a backorder and wait it out.

Reactions: JMT
Those wheels do look great, I would have a hard time with the first rock I knew was going to bounce off them but that's part of the game, hell I had a hard time the first rock bounced off my stock ravines, not so much now.

Two days of trails and a couple winch recovery’s later, I folded a rear frame side lower control arm mount. Beat it back straight-ish with a 3 pound hammer and a pry bar. Almost ripped both my front fender flairs off. Put some beauty marks in the new wheels. Fun weekend. Need to get this camper built out ASAP. Sucks to trailer to the park and have to rent a cabin with a shitty mattress. Snapped one of the bars on my WD hitch clean in two as well. Been a rough weekend on the equipment.
585FF4B3-1AF2-453F-9FF0-C321D9C0C276.jpeg
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5766.JPG

Last edited:
Two days of trails and a couple winch recovery’s later, I folded a rear frame side lower control arm mount. Beat it back straight-ish with a 3 pound hammer and a pry bar. Almost ripped both my front fender flairs off. Put some beauty marks in the new wheels. Fun weekend. Need to get this camper built out ASAP. Sucks to trailer to the park and have to rent a cabin with a shitty mattress. Snapped one of the bars on my WD hitch clean in two as well. Been a rough weekend on the equipment.
View attachment 220807View attachment 220816View attachment 220817View attachment 220818
The rock rash looks good imo

Reactions: AMS417
Copy Cat :ROFLMAO:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/built-in-the-rain-2001-sport.26834/post-778452
Wheels look great though (y) and you're right about them being more of a gold gunmetal rather than "bronze"
Damn down to the tire size and tread style. Will have to go read your build thread.

Jeep looks great BTW. I like the color combo on yours as well.

Buddy that was with my in the photos in the silver TJR texted me this morning. Had a weird steering issue he couldn't place. Found he broke off a control arm bracket while we were wheeling this weekend. Fun times.

Reactions: Vasq
Damn down to the tire size and tread style. Will have to go read your build thread.

Jeep looks great BTW. I like the color combo on yours as well.

Buddy that was with my in the photos in the silver TJR texted me this morning. Had a weird steering issue he couldn't place. Found he broke off a control arm bracket while we were wheeling this weekend. Fun times.
Haha we just have exquisite taste 🤓
Mine have been on order since last august, they really do look great. sorry to hear about the control arm brackets.

Haha we just have exquisite taste 🤓
Mine have been on order since last august, they really do look great. sorry to hear about the control arm brackets.
Totally agree.

I don't think he is too upset about it. He was talking long arm /mid arm this weekend. Breaking stuff just gives us the motivation to upgrade.

I ditched my spare this weekend and it helped me a lot. My Jeep needs a diet, or stiffer rear springs asap. My bumpers weigh a ton. Hard top and 100lbs of tools and recovery gear just adds to it. I could lose some weight to. That would help. Might do spacers and weight reduction and keep the flexy springs. They are 6 month old Rock Jock 4".

Reactions: Vasq