Oregon Oregon Trophy Challenge #OTC23

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
1667274659121.png

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5546965485411066

OREGON TROPHY CHALLENGE
Driver & Vehicle Requirements
~Must be 18 years of age or older to Compete
~Proof of Liability Insurance
~There may be Highway Miles (however minimal) be prepared to follow all laws in place. IT'S ON YOU!!!
~Driver’s License
~Battery tie down, no bungee cords or ratchet straps
~Valid/Current Oregon OHV Permit
~Hard top or Roll bars
~Tow points front and rear
~Seatbelts / Harnesses
~Working Fire extinguisher or a gallon of water, shovel
~First aid kit
~Winch (Operational)
~Working headlamps, tail and brake lights
~Minimum tire size: 33”
~Tree Saver / recovery gear
~Vehicle must be no wider than 96” (This is the course cone width and may affect your vehicle’s ability to navigate the course)
~There will be a safety inspection before vehicles are allowed on the course.
~Strongly Recommended Items:~
~Helmets during checkpoints and obstacles
~Compass / GPS / Navigational items
~Lockers F&R
~Extra gas on vehicle
~Be prepared to be on trail and away from camp for extended periods of time. Food, drink, and Fuel may become critical.
~Food For Thought Items: Yes, Maybe, Could Be?! ~
~Tarp
~Chapstick
~Spare Shackles
~Eggs
~Sewing Kit
~Cold Coke's
~4 Way

I did this the 3 year they did it in Washington and placed 9th, 1st and 2nd, but the 2nd place is highly debated 😡

It was a blast and a few years ago our team would have gone down for the Oregon one, but not as interested anymore since it’s a LONG weekend and we’re older now.

It is fun and if anyone is interested my advice is to just do it, you’ll figure out as ya go and if ya want any advice on what ya may want to bring or be good at, feel free to ask me anything.

I did this the 3 year they did it in Washington and placed 9th, 1st and 2nd, but the 2nd place is highly debated 😡

It was a blast and a few years ago our team would have gone down for the Oregon one, but not as interested anymore since it’s a LONG weekend and we’re older now.

It is fun and if anyone is interested my advice is to just do it, you’ll figure out as ya go and if ya want any advice on what ya may want to bring or be good at, feel free to ask me anything.

I did one YEARS ago in WA but didn't do well. .... And as you said it's really for those younger people. Back when I had my Zuk we had a similar event. Those were the days when I could sleep under my rig wrapped in a wobbie.

When I was stationed in Germany I used to compete in their off-road trials events.

Reactions: Mumblewood
I did one YEARS ago in WA but didn't do well. .... And as you said it's really for those younger people. Back when I had my Zuk we had a similar event. Those were the days when I could sleep under my rig wrapped in a wobbie.

When I was stationed in Germany I used to compete in their off-road trials events.

Really? Cool what year? 2007 was manastash, 2008 Liberty and 2000 back at manastash.

When we came in 9th at the 2007 one we were so stoked! We had a blast and had zero idea on how to use a gps. My teammate started geocaching because of it.
Then in 2008 at liberty in $h!t weather (for those that don’t know, liberty in $h!t weather is tough as hell) we became the first to ever 100% a loop and get 1st place overall. Honestly winning for us was just the icing on the cake, we had a great time just wheeling. We were so used to wheeling in that weather like that, there and in similar areas. Btw there was a decent amount of …….not really cheating, but some… I don’t know, bending of the rules, maybe cheating, I guess. By other teams, not ours. We were not smart enough or cared that much about winning (didn’t think we would by any means) to invest time and $$into any of that.
2009 back in manastash. Again super fun but we left with a sour taste in our mouths due to the outcome. We originally got 1st, then 2 weeks later we were informed they miss calculated and said we got 2nd. Then 1st again then back to 2nd. Then rumors of MAJOR cheating. I don’t blame the club that put it on, but they already didn’t like our cocky attitudes (admittedly, we earned that reputation…at least at the time) but knowing them as we did it was a bit hypocritical, the club that put it on did work their a$$es off putting on an awesome event and harbor no hard feelings, they know who really won. (Us)

We signed up for the 2010 event that was canceled due to not enough teams. We just wanted to dominate at this point, leave no room for questioning this time and that started taking the fun out of it, we felt jilted and wanted redemption. But too many complained about the Liberty year and were too chicken $h!t to go back when it gets hard, so it was going to back at manastash more than likely. Took the fun out of it, but still signed up. Glad it was canceled since my son was born the weekend they probably would have had it.

Reactions: Wildman
Really? Cool what year? 2007 was manastash, 2008 Liberty and 2000 back at manastash.

When we came in 9th at the 2007 one we were so stoked! We had a blast and had zero idea on how to use a gps. My teammate started geocaching because of it.
Then in 2008 at liberty in $h!t weather (for those that don’t know, liberty in $h!t weather is tough as hell) we became the first to ever 100% a loop and get 1st place overall. Honestly winning for us was just the icing on the cake, we had a great time just wheeling. We were so used to wheeling in that weather like that, there and in similar areas. Btw there was a decent amount of …….not really cheating, but some… I don’t know, bending of the rules, maybe cheating, I guess. By other teams, not ours. We were not smart enough or cared that much about winning (didn’t think we would by any means) to invest time and $$into any of that.
2009 back in manastash. Again super fun but we left with a sour taste in our mouths due to the outcome. We originally got 1st, then 2 weeks later we were informed they miss calculated and said we got 2nd. Then 1st again then back to 2nd. Then rumors of MAJOR cheating. I don’t blame the club that put it on, but they already didn’t like our cocky attitudes (admittedly, we earned that reputation…at least at the time) but knowing them as we did it was a bit hypocritical, the club that put it on did work their a$$es off putting on an awesome event and harbor no hard feelings, they know who really won. (Us)

We signed up for the 2010 event that was canceled due to not enough teams. We just wanted to dominate at this point, leave no room for questioning this time and that started taking the fun out of it, we felt jilted and wanted redemption. But too many complained about the Liberty year and were too chicken $h!t to go back when it gets hard, so it was going to back at manastash more than likely. Took the fun out of it, but still signed up. Glad it was canceled since my son was born the weekend they probably would have had it.

I honestly don't remember what year it was. But it was like the first or second year they'd been doing I think.
The one in my Zuk would have been 1998 at Browns Camp and it started a annual event that is done or was done just for the Suzuki/Geo crowd.
I'll have to scan some photos and post up the stuff I use to do in Germany. I was even in the local news paper one time.

And yes I know what Liberty can be like when it gets snotty. Since it's only like 20 miles from my house I'd wheeled there a lot before my Jeep was parked.
You'll recognize this.

IMG_2744.JPG

Reactions: Mumblewood
I honestly don't remember what year it was. But it was like the first or second year they'd been doing I think.
The one in my Zuk would have been 1998 at Browns Camp and it started a annual event that is done or was done just for the Suzuki/Geo crowd.
I'll have to scan some photos and post up the stuff I use to do in Germany. I was even in the local news paper one time.

And yes I know what Liberty can be like when it gets snotty. Since it's only like 20 miles from my house I'd wheeled there a lot before my Jeep was parked.
You'll recognize this.

View attachment 372921

Looks like ya pulled out or Williams creek, and went left back to run the “ other side of the highway” probably in rout to “ranger station trail”.
Ps I’m super bad at trail names and #’s

Reactions: Wildman