(ORO) York belt and idler pulley issue

D M

CEL free! (again)
Supporting Member
Bought a york 210 bracket kit from ORO and the belt was a SUPER tight fit getting onto the idler, now my idler is whistling and I think I need a new one. Cant seem to find the part number. I also noticed that I was sent a different part number for the belt than what was pictured so now im not sure which is the correct one

In the picture of the kit here the part number is napa 060950, but I was sent 061080. Anyone know which one is correct? I have an 01 4.0 with AC

Heres what I recieved
FE7387B3-EA59-4C11-BA4D-BFF43FDDF3A2.jpeg

DylanM345:

The 061080 is the right belt if you have A/C. If you do not have A/C, the correct belt is 060950. Since the 060950 is considerably shorter (95.02" vs. 108.14"), there's no way that one will work.

I purchased the entire kit from them recently, and it came with a document called, "TJ2000-6 York Compressor Bracket: Instructions for Belt Tension Tuning." In it, they talk about individual TJs having issues, and they've played around with different pulleys to solve tension problems. They mention that longer serpentine belts, there aren't any other belts to try because the increments are two big - the sizes above and below the 108.14" are 107.75" and 108.87". Instead, they discuss using two different sized pulleys in different locations to tune the belt length (the two pulleys are NAPA part numbers 38018 and 38015). It's a good read. Did you not get it with your kit? If not, give them a call and ask if they can email it to you. I'd PM it to you, but I'm still under the 20 post limit and can't do so.

Hope that helps!

sab

... Hope that helps!

sab
Thats good to know thank you. I did recieve two idlers but wasnt notified why. Thank you for the clarification, your post actually helps me alot👍 Of the two idlers, do you know which one is the larger/smaller of the two

The 38015 is listed as being a 76mm pulley and the 38018 a 70mm pulley. Both are plastic. They also mention that the stock pulley mounted to the cylinder head is a steel 76mm, and the NAPA part number for that one is 38043.

Reactions: rasband and D M
The 38015 is listed as being a 76mm pulley and the 38018 a 70mm pulley. Both are plastic. They also mention that the stock pulley mounted to the cylinder head is a steel 76mm, and the NAPA part number for that one is 38043.
I had a hell of a time getting the new belt on with the 74mm pulley. Im getting a 70mm tomorrow so hopefully mine will stop whistling and get in easier

Reactions: DrDmoney
I've always had good luck with either calling or emailing ORO. If I don't get Steve when I call it's normally Wayne and he either answers my questions or had Steve call me back ASAP.

I got it all figured out @sab sent me a PM, Thanks again @sab !!

I ended up using a smaller idler and it works perfectly now with no squeals and whistle

Awesome that is great news. This is what the forum is suppose to be about. People helping others out when they are having issues. Glad you got it figured out.

Reactions: D M and John Cooper
I'm glad it worked out for you, @DylanM345! I got my Singer alternator yesterday, so I'll be installing my York kit with that alternator soon. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild for another vehicle, so it'll have to wait a few weeks...

sab

Reactions: D M and Wildman