Outside / Inside Temp Gauge

Mariposa Mike

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Not seeing any results for previous posts I'm asking if anyone has sourced a gauge to give you outside temperature. I tried an Amazon search and all I get are oven and inside home leads. I kinda miss the feature now that I have this on my other vehicles. Maybe some kind of stick on the inside windhield or something like that?

Not seeing any results for previous posts I'm asking if anyone has sourced a gauge to give you outside temperature. I tried an Amazon search and all I get are oven and inside home leads. I kinda miss the feature now that I have this on my other vehicles. Maybe some kind of stick on the inside windhield or something like that?
I hit a pick and pull and grabbed a temp/compass rear view with the harness tail and sensor for $12, very simple installation.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-install-a-gentex-177-compass-mirror-in-a-tj-lj.15323/

Thank you. I looked at the how to install and appreciate the write up. I have an 04 Unlimited so maybe the pre wire for the mirror is there. Just have to figure out how to get my old body under the dash to look for it, then determine what I need to source.

Thank you. I looked at the how to install and appreciate the write up. I have an 04 Unlimited so maybe the pre wire for the mirror is there. Just have to figure out how to get my old body under the dash to look for it, then determine what I need to source.
It'll be on top of the dash, under the plastic piece just in front of the little tray. That plastic piece pries up pretty easily.

Reactions: joelachr
Maybe some kind of stick on the inside windhield or something like that?
Not a lot of range, but here you go. ;)

71M1L7dBORL._AC_SL1405_.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jamison C
Great for my underwater fording experience. Hope it comes with a snorkel. My M38A1 could use this fer sure.

Look here: https://teltek.us/outside-air-temp-gauge-with-ice-warning/

These 2" gauges have hard plastic housings and are made in the US. You can choose your LED display color and either black or chrome bezel (choose bezel color in the comment area). At rear, there are two power posts, +12V and Gnd. The temperature probe comes in your choice of lengths and is telephone cable, with a standard snap-in connector at the back of the gauge. Thus, you can replace a sensor with little trouble. Call with questions. Really good folks who use these truck instruments in their own off road vehicles.

Oh, the clincher for me (night flying experience) is that the digital display is auto dimming in dark conditions.

Reactions: EZ_Wrangler
Goes down to -99. I think that would cover my travels. Maybe not yours though. Since posting I've been looking at the GNTX-177 mirror suggested and learned it comes in dual line and single line display. Meaning you toggle between the two to read either/or. One vender is out of the dual line readout but that does not matter to me and the single line is cheaper anyway. Thank you for info on this gauge. I have a Willys station wagon that might get this gauge. Not much windshield in that one to place a large rear view mirror. Dimming is important for me now. Another check on the list of things they did not tell me about getting older.