Overheated but not showing it

Cold or when it should be easy to spin mine will rotate at the end of a blade less than 6" from where I stop pushing. 1/2-3/4 turn hot I'd say it's toast.
Hmmm, Shoild be hot, I’ll double check. Thanks for the info to compare to. It’s brand new so I’m hopping it’s ok, but it wouldn’t be the first time I got a dead part.

Hmmm, Shoild be hot, I’ll double check. Thanks for the info to compare to. It’s brand new so I’m hopping it’s ok, but it wouldn’t be the first time I got a dead part.
Don't get a new one until somebody else assures I'm not off base. That's just how my Hayden is. I don't enjoy spending other peoples money without good reason.

Reactions: KingCarGuyZ
Don't get a new one until somebody else assures I'm not off base. That's just how my Hayden is. I don't enjoy spending other peoples money without good reason.
I tried spinning mine cold and it hardly moved. Maybe 6” as you say, wasn’t far.

Reactions: pagrey
I tried spinning mine cold and it hardly moved. Maybe 6” as you say, wasn’t far.
Well checked the fan when the Jeep was at 220. It moved about 6” at the end of the fan, my dad expected more resistance though. he also reminded me that we tested the thermostat. So I’m guessing radiator.

Reactions: Apparition
I had some overheating problems when my exhaust manifold had some major cracks in it. Do you have hot exhaust leaking into the engine bay?
I’d need to find someone with a stiffer to be sure, but no I don’t think so, a light visual inspection reveals no obvious cracks and there’s not the tell tale whistle of an exhaust leak. I am in need of new CAT’s though, so idk if that’s related.

certinly Hot AF under the engine, but I’m told that’s normal. I could get a heat gun on it if that would tell y’all anything.

So I finally gave in and replaced the rad. (Right in time for winter) and filled it with OE coolant from amazon. All of this for under $250. And boom right after I finished filling her up she sat and idled at 206* for 1/2 and hour. Have to wait until the CAT’s come in for a test drive (cops around here can be real anal about inspection) but I’m 98% sure that the problem is fixed. Thanks so much to everyone that chimed in along the way. Guess I shoulda replaced the whole system the first time and been done with it. Was probably past time at 260,000