Overheating at speeds above 100km

A 195 degree Stant SuperStat would be a great choice, and avoid store-brand water pumps... they're so cheaply made they're not worth installing. Don't let the "lifetime warranty" fool you into thinking it must be good quality, it's not and that is just a marketing gimmick. They'll give you a free replacement, sure, but you'd need it way sooner than if you had bought the good quality Mopar water pump in the first place. I'd take a Mopar water pump with its one year warranty any day over a store-brand water pump with a lifetime warranty.

Here's the real deal, a Mopar water pump at a great price... more than a store-brand but it's worth it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009DKISHK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last suggestion, Zerex G-05 coolant mixed 50-50 with distilled water. Avoid using tap water. :)

Jeez, $124.75 from amazon.com and $276.44 from amazon.ca :rolleyes: U.S. border, here I come!

I have one of these tools from my GM days.

http://www.gearwrench.com/gearwrench-3900-universal-pulley-holder.html

Hey guys, starting to replace now. I noticed my lower rad hose has a spring in it, the one I bought from NAPA does not. is this spring essential and should I take it back and get a hose with the spring? also is the spring to keep the hose rigid and avoid it collapsing?

Lower radiator hose is under a suction. A hot hose become pliable and can collapse. You need the spring.

The spring is there to help prevent collapse from vacuum as lower radiator hoses can sometimes fall victim to.

However, most aftermarket radiator hoses do not have the spring in them, even from the better quality hoses like from Gates, Goodyear, and AC-Delco. Here is the official word from Gates (who makes high quality replacement radiator hoses): Molded radiator hose construction has been upgraded with more robust compounding and thicker hose walls, this has negated the need for the spring in molded coolant hoses. Originally the spring was inserted at manufacture to compensate for collapsing.

So no, you don't need it as long as you've got a reputable brand of radiator hose.