P0174 Lean Mixture Bank 2

Danarch

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My digital gauge typically will give me a pending P0174 code when I go Jeeping at higher elevations. We’ve been around 6-9,500. But then on the way home pending code goes away. Last time received the same pending code, but it ended up activating the CEL. The CEL stayed on till the following trip, went off and hasn’t come back on. Engine runs great the entire time, again it has only happened when going to higher elevations.

I’ve been monitoring the O2 sensors.
Bank 1 and 2 number one bounce around between .1 and .8 depending on speed, acceleration etc.
Bank 1 and 2 number two sensors at idle seem to hover around .6 to .7. Whlie driving they bounce around from .1 to .8. Bank 2 sensor appears to drop more often to .1 then bank 1. But in general they seem to average around .65

I’ve been monitoring the MAP psi. It seems to fluctuate between 5 and 7, depending on speed, acceleration etc. I am not really sure what that data tells me

So I a not sure what the exact issue yet. I’ve read the service manuals some and am thinking it may be MAP sensor since it seems to altitude related. I still need to pull out my handheld scanner and see if it can monitor the barometric pressure, from I understand depending on elevation relative to sea level that should tell me if it is bad or not.

Does anyone else have idea, or has had this happen?