P0306 Cylinder Misfire Code

CUT23

I recently got my 2006 LJ back on the road. Of course it failed inspection. Had cracked front and rear manifolds - replaced. I then started getting the code for 6th Cylinder Misfire. The plugs and coil have been replaced and the fuel system was cleaned. Still getting the code. The dealership says they need to take apart the engine to find the issue. They say they have gone through it and its the only thing left.

Any suggestions, except putting her down? Please let me know.

What's the code?

If the dealership has indeed gone through everything (they have all the diagnostic tools to do so), then yeah, there's a very good chance it's something internal. If it's a reputable dealer, I would take their word for it.

I realize that's probably not what you want to hear, but it may very well be the case.

What's the code?

If the dealership has indeed gone through everything (they have all the diagnostic tools to do so), then yeah, there's a very good chance it's something internal. If it's a reputable dealer, I would take their word for it.

I realize that's probably not what you want to hear, but it may very well be the case.
306. Thanks. I think LOL!

306. Thanks. I think LOL!

If it is a cylinder 6 missfire. The code will most definitely be P0306.

A P0300 is engine missfire. If the missfire happens consistently the crank position sensor will diagnose which cylinder it is, and in this case identifying it as cylinder 6 which then throws a P0306.