P0330 Code - Please Help!

fourpointzero

TJ Addict
Hi gang,

I'm helping a buddy of mine diagnose some codes on his 2005 TJ Wrangler X.
One of the three codes he's throwing is 'P0330' and every search seems to indicate a 'knock sensor' yet, I keep reading (all over the web - including some posted by Jerry B) that there's no such thing on the TJ.
Neither of the 4 or 6 cylinder TJ engines.

As per this forum, the TJ code section reads:
"P0330 Knock Sensor #2 Circuit Knock sensor (#2) signal above or below minimum acceptable threshold voltage at particular engine speeds."

Can anyone please enlighten me on what the heck this code truly indicates?
Thanks very much!

I've never seen a P0330 on a TJ before. Heck, when I Google "Jeep Wrangler TJ P0330", nothing comes up other than WJ and JK stuff.

There is NO knock sensor on any year of TJ, so that is indeed correct information.

There's no knock sensers on a TJ. Are you sure it's not a P0303 code? That's a cylinder #3 misfire.

Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present

A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

There's no knock sensers on a TJ. Are you sure it's not a P0303 code? That's a cylinder #3 misfire.

Symptoms may include:
the engine may be harder to start
the engine may stumble and/or hesitate
other symptoms may also be present

A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
Faulty spark plug or wire
Faulty coil (pack)
Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
Faulty fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Faulty catalytic converter(s)
Running out of fuel
Poor compression
Defective computer

Wow, there's a possibility I read the flashing codes incorrectly! I read three codes back to back, after flipping the ignition the three times. P0457, P0463, P0330 (0303) So StG5, I'll double check if I did in fact make that mistake. One of the issues if the TJ are hard start and hesitation. And Chris, I appreciate your feedback as well as Shane's!

I'll chime back after double checking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58 and Chris
Wow, there's a possibility I read the flashing codes incorrectly! I read three codes back to back, after flipping the ignition the three times. P0457, P0463, P0330 (0303) So StG5, I'll double check if I did in fact make that mistake. One of the issues if the TJ are hard start and hesitation. And Chris, I appreciate your feedback as well as Shane's!

I'll chime back after double checking.

Not saying you didn't get a 0330 code, but if you did ya got bigger problems than a bad plug. Let us know what ya find...

Finally met up with my buddy and rechecked his codes (via ignition x3) and the 3030 or what I though was 0330 is no longer showing. Now it’s just 2: 0456 and 0457

The saga continues. Will chime back in the thread with updates as they come along.

Reactions: Chris
Okay, I'm curious to see what you find. You really ought to invest in a code scanner! Those things are a must have if you own a Jeep.

Ok what exactly are you looking at when you cycle the ignition 3x? Is the odometer flashing a stores code for the CEL?

I need to try this

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi