P0740 Code torque converter clutch solenoid

sholmes0311

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'm new to this. My son just bought an 01 Wrangler 4cyl automatic trans and the check engine light was on. Code was P0740. We ordered the solenoid today not knowing where it is even located. I cant find anything online. I'm somewhat mechanical but wondering if it's an easy fix. Any help is. Greatly appreciated. We do not notice any issues with the drivabilit..

It's not easily replaced, see this thread. https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/tc-solenoid-change-walkthrough.149526/

Check its electrical connector at the rear of the transmission.

This is not a great photo of the connector but...

IMG_5746.jpg

Also disconnect and reseat the three big electrical connectors for the PCM.

Hey guys. I’m running into a check engine light for “torque converter circuit open.” This entire powertrain was in another Jeep, it was swapped into the current Jeep along with wiring harness, computer, every single thing that was in the parts Jeep. I drove the parts Jeep around a ton before doing the swap and never had a light. Also worth noting, when it’s super hot outside, around 100 degrees, after driving for about 30 min the tranny makes a thumping/clunking noise in what seems to be the bellhousing area. Only noticeable when stopped. Does not do this any other time except when super hot. Tranny shifts fine, torque converter engages and disengages perfectly fine. It didn’t do this before the swap, but the tranny was never disconnected from the motor at all. Could this be a fuse issue or pigtail on the tcc plug or something? Thanks in advance